BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
supercharger. 100+ HP but cost around $6000 + $1000 installation...

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
put a shark injector, i heard it gives the best results. but if you want your car really fast then you have to do alot more my friend

·
Registered
721 Posts
unfortunately, modding a bimmer isn't very cost effective. you'll end up paying tons of $$$ for very little gains.

I've done the common intake+software+exhaust, and there are some gains, just not as much as I'd like for it to justify the money spent.

if you really want to mod, save up for a supercharger, that'll give you the most gains.

edit: haven't dyno'ed, but I am guessing intake/software/exhaust combined gives about 10~15 hp to the wheels at most. my butt dyno is telling me 5 hp....:dunno:

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,210 Posts
Performance Engine Software - Dinan or Shark Injector
Performance Transmission Software - Dinan

Pulleys - UUC Motorwerks

Exhaust - UUC Motorwerks, Dinan, AA, Remus, SuperSprint

Intake - Dinan, GruppeM, Conforti, BFP, ECIS

Headers - SuperSprint

Cams - Schrick

Supercharger - AA, ASA, etc

Nitrous - ???

Custom engine work

Throttle-Body - get yours bored out

·
Registered
534 Posts
its not stolen said:
I have a 2000 323i step are there any engine modifications i can do to it that are worth doing?pros and cons?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill just get the gruppeM intake for now and then save for a supercharger? What are pros and cons of the supercharger? gruppeM intake? thanks for the replys

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
No point in getting a $500 intake if you plan on getting a supercharger, because you will end up wasting the $500. If you are intent on getting an intake, get ECIS because it's cheapest and works well from what I've heard. Then that's another $250 in the SC fund.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
i still have yet to get the technik software, after that i'm prolly just doing cat/back exhaust, i dont know that i'll fork out the money for headers/cams ever...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea but ima have to save for the supercharger not like ill get it anytime soon i got 500 to pay for teh gruppeM and i searched and it seems to have good reviews.....still need pros and cons of a supercharger? also will my MPG change alot with the intake?

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
mpg shouldnt change for the worse, unless you drive it harder to hear the awesome sound of the gruppem :D

supercharger...pm crispvx, he just put one in his 330 himself. ended up needed to replace the clutch and such too to be able to handle the power :) says its working great now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts