E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to sticking some a foam sponge between my passenger side door panel to try and stop the annoying rattle from the bass. Worked like a charm. :thumbsup: I realized that I have misc crap holding my car together. Examples are:

-tennis balls under the rear shelf to fix speaker rattle
-electrical tape around shifter to keep my shift knob on securely
-double sided tape and cardboard keeping my alarm sensor in place (housing clips broke)
-small towel near the rear window for squeaks in the roof liner

All these things are hidden thankful but only if people knew....

What's holding your precious e46 together?

·
NWS
0 Posts
nope.

No ghetto fixes here.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
lol i have a feeling not many people will have cheap things fixing their annoyances in the car.

However, my cousin has a little piece of cardboard stuck between his rear windshield and rear shelf to stop some rattling from his sub haha.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lol Mines fine
idk but i literally laughed out loud when i rread that:rofl: I'll be real, i have my angel eyes wired up to a small switch that i mounted under my steering wheel and holding all that together is about a dozen neon green zip ties all along the engine bay and the little power boxes are duct taped to the engine bay as well. Thats pretty much the only ghetto fab shitt going on with my car

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i have a feeling not many people will have cheap things fixing their annoyances in the car.

However, my cousin has a little piece of cardboard stuck between his rear windshield and rear shelf to stop some rattling from his sub haha.
Maybe I should be clear... cheap being practical not stingy... the tennis balls for the rear shelf rattle for example is a common annoyance that others have fixed with t-shirts, rags, etc... show me a better way to fix it and I would do it... my point is it's sad that we have to come up with these things for our cars...

·
Registered
449 Posts
my friend just had his 86 M3 vert repod :bawling:

the front was hit bad and he got all the parts and yes the front end was held on with 50 zip ties when they took it.

I do not have any except for elect tape on some wires on the rear lights.

·
Registered
20,871 Posts
zip ties and velcro holding my ballasts in place...

gorilla glue holding up the notorious window well trim (fabric, forget what you actually call them)...

velcro holding one of my rear bumper reflectors in after I nicked the clip off of it...

I think that's it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
zip ties holding on my bumper from the left side my grilles are being held up by duct tape because the clips broke... that's about it

·
Registered
246 Posts
For the moment a thumb tack is holding a piece of my passenger side rubber seal trim up because it was sagging. Oh and if you could call this ghetto, I plasti-dipped my center console cuz it had a crap ton of scratches, now it looks brand new.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.