E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am interested in buying a front M3 style bumper for my 04 325i from EBAY. That EBAY seller doesn't sell those air duct cover or fog cover/inserts. I want those duct covers and I don't know what kind of bumper is it(m-tech or m-tech 2), i know nothing about the bumper so can anybody tell me that what kind of bumper is this( i have attached a picture of it).. THANK YOU

Attachments

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
That is an M3 replica Front Bumper. But dont buy it from Ebay. Get one from DDMTuning.com or JleviSw.com

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Yes, Lack of customer service and not many people are too fond of the fitment. They are replicas of replicas practically, which concludes to bad fitment.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,397 Posts
Hi,
I am interested in buying a front M3 style bumper for my 04 325i from EBAY. That EBAY seller doesn't sell those air duct cover or fog cover/inserts. I want those duct covers and I don't know what kind of bumper is it(m-tech or m-tech 2), i know nothing about the bumper so can anybody tell me that what kind of bumper is this( i have attached a picture of it).. THANK YOU
I'm pretty sure you'd just get the fog covers/ducts for an M3 for that replica bumper. they're only like ~$6 each from bmw.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i got my m3 bumper from ebay... with those duct covers (they are replica hamann duct covers) and fitment was not bad. BAYSON R MOTORSPORTS was the vendor. customer service was excellent as well.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I apologize for disturbing you guys again, did any of you bought the bumper from ddmtuning.com.. I want to buy it but the problem again is the air ducts/cover, in the picture i can see that it has covers on it, i just want to make sure about those. I couldnt find their email but i will call them. Thank you

·
Registered
814 Posts
creful who you buy them from, i bought mine on ebay 4 years ago and it was perfect, then i bought one from one of our sponsors, and there were no little plastic tabs on the inside to attach it to the metal bumper, and a phone call a thread here on E46FANATICS later i was told to rivet it to the metal bumper. This was very displeasing, having rivets/screws/bolts showing. Ask the seller for picture of the inside of the bumper, then when you get it buy gorilla glue and glue the flaps on the sides of the bumper in the inside that the plastic things slide into.
Mine ripped off after i scraped my lip a few times, but other then that, My M3 rep off ebay, with a CF lip had been on my car for 4 years, and its not an easy life that it lived, i scraped the lip a few times, hit the curb a few times in a parking lot, i even used it as a snowplow twice LOL and beside the stupid rockchips (next time gonna get an M3(M3 as in a tape company not bmw M3) clear wrap for it) its in a good condition.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,397 Posts
^ out bumpers attach by plastic rivets that don't go through the bumper (stock)
they are called "rivets" but are more like an expanding screw. i think this is what they probably were referring to and not some type of rivet that would be exposed through the bumper cover on the outside.

·
Registered
814 Posts
^ out bumpers attach by plastic rivets that don't go through the bumper (stock)
they are called "rivets" but are more like an expanding screw. i think this is what they probably were referring to and not some type of rivet that would be exposed through the bumper cover on the outside.
Look at the picture my ebay bumper had little things (in yellow in the pic) they lined up with the holes in the metal bumper, and then i just screwed in screws in them and it was attached to the metal bumper in 7 places.

the bumper from "sponsors" didnt have the yellow things, sso the only way to attach it was to rivet it to the metal bumper from the top, where the rivets would be hidden by the hood when its closed.

In red is where i added another layer of glue to be sure it stayed on LOL

Sorry for the crappy pic (not my bumper)

Attachments

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,397 Posts
Look at the picture my ebay bumper had little things (in yellow in the pic) they lined up with the holes in the metal bumper, and then i just screwed in screws in them and it was attached to the metal bumper in 7 places.

the bumper from "sponsors" didnt have the yellow things, sso the only way to attach it was to rivet it to the metal bumper from the top, where the rivets would be hidden by the hood when its closed.

In red is where i added another layer of glue to be sure it stayed on LOL

Sorry for the crappy pic (not my bumper)
Oh wow :eek:mg: that is terrible! yes that's really poor quality/design. thanks for sharing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts