E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was the 4th day in a row I e-mailed Herb at FiberDesign and Alan at Carbonworks. I have also e-mailed LeatherZ twice. I cannot get an answer from any of them and I am ready to buy. Just simple questions about availability and pricing and no one seems to want my business. If I cannot get a simple answer about something I am prepared to buy, what can I expect if I have a problem?? Ironically, the one answer I did get was from Vinny who was good enough to tell me that he no longer worked at FiberDesign. I run a very successful internet based company. A key to my success is answering any e-mail that I get right away. Unless it's sent during the night, I always reply within an hour. It's incomprehensible to me that these people spend all this money on websites and sponsorship and then basically turn down money. Alan has been telling me that he will have a kit that will fit the rear armrests of my M3 in about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, he has been saying that for about three months. Last I heard they are concentrating on making CF trim for the CSL. Good plan considering there are about a bazillion E46 convertible owners and basically no one has a CSL. Are these people that busy or is there a problem that I am unaware of?? If anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thanks.:thumbdwn: :ben: :banghead:

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i would have to agree, one of those 2 companies mentioned has pretty bad service. And i have nothing cf on my car.

·
INDEED
1,130 Posts
well, if they continue to not respond, i'd take my business elsewhere... I usually give a company a maximum of 10 business days, there's no excuse if you send 3 emails and don't get a response in 10 days. it's really sad when companies don't cater to their customers, whether they be big (like Dell) or small...

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's not too long wait. Evosport.com answered my email just after 32 days. Simple email, asking for a shipping rate to me and bank information, so I can pay them.

A while ago, I posted about similar issues with renn-sport and then right after 2-3 hours I get reply from them that I can go order the products I want wherever I want, but not through them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
jeffnnj said:
This was the 4th day in a row I e-mailed Herb at FiberDesign and Alan at Carbonworks. I have also e-mailed LeatherZ twice. I cannot get an answer from any of them and I am ready to buy. Just simple questions about availability and pricing and no one seems to want my business. If I cannot get a simple answer about something I am prepared to buy, what can I expect if I have a problem?? Ironically, the one answer I did get was from Vinny who was good enough to tell me that he no longer worked at FiberDesign. I run a very successful internet based company. A key to my success is answering any e-mail that I get right away. Unless it's sent during the night, I always reply within an hour. It's incomprehensible to me that these people spend all this money on websites and sponsorship and then basically turn down money. Alan has been telling me that he will have a kit that will fit the rear armrests of my M3 in about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, he has been saying that for about three months. Last I heard they are concentrating on making CF trim for the CSL. Good plan considering there are about a bazillion E46 convertible owners and basically no one has a CSL. Are these people that busy or is there a problem that I am unaware of?? If anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thanks.:thumbdwn: :ben: :banghead:
Jeff,

When I got you're e-mail, you were already online and I IMed you repeatedely and you ignored my IMs. When did I say I am making CF trim for the CSL? The CSL would retain the exact same trim as the coupe minus the armrests. You must have heard wrong because what we are making is the CSL diffuser and CSL splitters. I e-mailed you back already and Pmed you as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
this sucks. i hate to wait for answers and i really want the gauge trim for my car. herb if your seeing this how long do i have to wait for you to ship it. i have solved the paypal thing. so i ma wondering do you have the gauge trim for my e46 328ci in silver. how long would it take you to ship it. thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A while ago, I posted about similar issues with renn-sport and then right after 2-3 hours I get reply from them that I can go order the products I want wherever I want, but not through them
OUUUCH. that really SUCKS MAN. damn they really sell alot in order to have the privilege to turn someone down like that. ufff

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is exaclty why I dont deal with companies that dont even have a phone number. Although I did brake down yesterday and emailed an order to www.visualdynamics.ca (they dont advertise a phone number) and I got a quick timely response after each email I sent to them. So now I dont know

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Well, I'm not waiting for any emails, pms, or phone calls, but I am waiting for Eddie to reply to that post he made awhile back about the Breyton Imagines...

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
Fiberdeisng is in the process of relocating. thats why they haevnt had the time to relpy to a lot of the e-mails. Give them some time.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I e-mailed my ex best friend asking him if he wants an ass kicking a coule of months ago and he still hasnt replied... must be his connection down or something....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Carlos ///Mtech said:
I e-mailed my ex best friend asking him if he wants an ass kicking a coule of months ago and he still hasnt replied... must be his connection down or something....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
0 Posts
LeatherZ was in the process of reorg-ing their stuff but I think that's settled now.

Fiberdesigns replied the first time a month ago pretty quick but it's been a month now without a 2nd reply. Yet the man has time to post and reply to his wheels on the ForSale board. I realize there are 'things' going on over there, so I'm going to give it a little more time...

E-commerce means e-communications, people. :slap:

·
Banned
345 Posts
isn't it also common that when companies say they were gonna call you back but they never?:flipoff: Also sometimes you could get replies within 10 minutes but again it could take forever from the same company if you ask the 2nd question. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Blue330CiC said:
isn't it also common that when companies say they were gonna call you back but they never
True but when youve got a phone number you can just call them and put them on the spot, and demand to know what the deal is. They will be forced to speack to you. With email, they can just not respond.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
I emailed the Bronx Zoo on Friday about when the giraffes will be out, and goddamn it I still haven't heard back :ben:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts