BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was changing my oil yesterday and right when i jack up my car i found this kinda hanging there??

where does it go and what does it do?

thanks sorry im such a noob!:bawling: but im learning :) thanks to you guys!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe it is for the windshield washer heater...but not positive.

I do know that it mounts onto the passenger side wheel well black cover. The one that hangs down past the bumper in front of the wheel.

EDIT:

See the black cover on the passenger side? There is a circular opening on the bottom of it. That's where it screws into.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oic :)

thanks only problem is when i rebuilt my car i didnt get that piece didnt even know something went there :(

and well as of no i dont have a wheel well cover lol

anyone know where to get the wheel well cover?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya both sides got torn out completely and rewiring all the wires in the e46 was a pain in the ass!

but i have to blue wires on the drivers side that i couldnt figure out....guessing those are the temp wires!

you would not believe how hard it is to wire up a e46 starting from scratch lol

·
Registered
16,099 Posts
I believe it is for the windshield washer heater...but not positive.

I do know that it mounts onto the passenger side wheel well black cover. The one that hangs down past the bumper in front of the wheel.

EDIT:

See the black cover on the passenger side? There is a circular opening on the bottom of it. That's where it screws into.
+1

I took a buddy's bumper off today and that part connects to the passenger side underneath the bumper in the black plastic that connects to the footwell.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
NOO. Im about 99% sure thats its the outside temp gague

And it kinds spin/snaps into your front bumper passenger side. you can see a whole where it goes.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Get it from Tischer BMW. They are pretty common to be ripped out if you hit something kind of big on the road.

So I assume you don't have one on the driver's side, too? That is probably why your car is displaying -40*.
yes thats how you can tell is when your temp says something ridiculous

And im pretty sure there is only one but i may be wrong

·
Registered
797 Posts
If there's a part number on that piece (I can't really tell by the pic) try punching that into a search engine like pelicanparts.com or at Tischer.

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
doesnt look like mine, and mine is on the drivers side

·
Your #1 BMW Part Source
1,136 Posts
It's the sensor for the heated windshield washer nozzles that goes in the lower passenger's side fender liner.

The parts #'s are:

1 61-31-8-370-747 THERMO SWITCH H 1 13.03
2 61-13-8-365-340 UNIVERSAL SOCKET 1 2.32
3 61-13-0-005-199 BUSHING CONTACT 2 1.46
4 51-71-8-224-986 COVERING RIGHT 1 35.26

The part #'s for the driver's side that has the ambient temperature sensor (temp that is displayed on your cluster) are:

1 65-81-6-905-133 TEMPERATURE SENS 1 30.12
2 61-13-8-365-340 UNIVERSAL SOCKET 1 2.32
3 61-13-0-005-199 BUSHING CONTACT 2 1.46
4 51-71-8-224-985 COVERING LEFT 1 35.26

:)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey thanks man!

ill have to get ahold of you sometime soon to get the parts i need :)

thanks again!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts