E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've scoured realoem to try and find this gasket that goes basically underneath my window trim but haven't been able to find. it mine is deteriorating and new 1's would really freshen up the look in my opinion. can anyone help me .. tia

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
From the photo it looks like the exterior window trim. If I'm assuming that correctly, the trim and the gasket come as a single part, so you won't be able to find the rubber separately.
Mine were looking pretty bad and deteriorated as well, and I picked them up from tischer's parts site.

Hope I was able to help a little.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the photo it looks like the exterior window trim. If I'm assuming that correctly, the trim and the gasket come as a single part, so you won't be able to find the rubber separately.
Mine were looking pretty bad and deteriorated as well, and I picked them up from tischer's parts site.

Hope I was able to help a little.
yes that does help. so your saying i can't buy it separately? if i were to remove the window trim would it be attached?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yep. Unfortunately. I remember reading a thread a long time ago where a member had fixed the rubber with neoprene. He said that it worked pretty well, but that was a long time ago and I really don't remember the details.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would order a new one and replace it. If it's the rear quarter window, it's a PITA as it is held in place with adhesive tape. Stuffs really aggressive and it took me forever to get the part off with heat gun and dental floss. The residue cleanup was tough part really. If it's on the door it's really easy to replace. I'm looking up part number for you right now, so hopefully you will be able to get the part you need. BTW, the lower gasket trim isn't terribly expensive, it's the long one that goes over the top of the door to the back quarter windows that's expensive.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would order a new one and replace it. If it's the rear quarter window, it's a PITA as it is held in place with adhesive tape. Stuffs really aggressive and it took me forever to get the part off with heat gun and dental floss. The residue cleanup was tough part really. If it's on the door it's really easy to replace. I'm looking up part number for you right now, so hopefully you will be able to get the part you need. BTW, the lower gasket trim isn't terribly expensive, it's the long one that goes over the top of the door to the back quarter windows that's expensive.
great i really appreciate your help man. as long as i can take off all the window trim thats behind the door i should be could just might take some time scraping the old part off. ill pay what ever the price is its literally falling off an inch at a time just by touching it :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
This is a repost of a response that I left in your other thread on this topic, but just in case you're not checking that one as much. :D

Here's a link for the rear quarter window trim/gasket:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BD53&mospid=47713&btnr=51_3687&hg=51&fg=05

for the large window trim:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BD53&mospid=47713&btnr=51_3691&hg=51&fg=20

...and I'm not having luck finding the PN for the gasket trim for the doors. This should hopefully get you on the right track for what you need though.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can't thank you enough!

i just need the quarter window trim/gasket. if i am reading it correctly its number 8 in the diagram? my trim was chrome to start now its vinyl wrapped but its 100 bucks for both sides if I'm reading it correctly and the actual metal trim comes with the gaskets like you said ? wow guess I'm going to have to get it re wrapped :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
That's about right for the chrome. They sell the pieces already in flat black at close to half the price of the chrome. I think the flat black ones are around $22-$25 each through tischer's and ecs tuning's sites. If your getting them wrapped anyway it might be something to consider. Especially if you plan on replacing the other trim pieces in the future. You could end up with OE flat black trim when all is said and done.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's about right for the chrome. They sell the pieces already in flat black at close to half the price of the chrome. I think the flat black ones are around $22-$25 each through tischer's and ecs tuning's sites. If your getting them wrapped anyway it might be something to consider. Especially if you plan on replacing the other trim pieces in the future. You could end up with OE flat black trim when all is said and done.
hmm i might as well go the oem black in the rear and it will match my black vinyl wrapped door portions maybe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.