BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 E46 ZHP steptronic with 160k miles.

Replacing the LCAs, tie rods and sway bar links.

When I pulled off the front subframe brace, 2 big chunks of rubber fell out. One is almost 5 inches long and about 2.5 inches wide and 2 inches thick. The other is about 4 inches long, 2 inches wide, and maybe 1/8" thick.

They don't look like rubber from engine mounts or tranny mount. Nothing looks obviously missing.

Any idea what it's from?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Is that the rubber piece that the air box sits on? I've never looked closely but there is a rubber strip that it slides over before you bolt the 2x 10mm bolts down.

This image isn't from my car, just found it on Google but the part I'm thinking of is the part on top of the frame rail just to the right of the power steering cooler line. Immediately below the red circle on the right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could be the oe strap holding the wire loom under the maf/intake boot or like stated above the filter housing bushing/mount

·
Registered
930 Posts
Looks like the stop buffer. Replaceable at a reasonable cost. Just don't forget to install before reassembling (doh!). It keeps engine from bumping against the axle support under extreme driving or if engine mounts fail. GL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts