E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
:D
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this isn't really a picture of a bmw but it's a very similar exhaust. the screw the clamp was attached to just completely rusted away. it was rattling so i tried screwing it tighter and it just fell off. it doesn't seem like it does anything. it just sits there not supporting anything.

could someone tell me what the point of this thing is? i'm not worried, but obviously its there for a reason or it wouldn't be there at all. :hmm:

the black line represents the clamp

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,762 Posts
I thought of you as soon as I saw the thread title, Jake! You did have that clamp rust on you too, didn't you? Very odd I remember that if that's true...I'm not searching to verify...but I think that was one of the few threads you needed help...am I right?

Just another reason why everyone should spend time knowing realoem.com!

Maybe some week we'll have a realoem hunt contest...a non-nws version of Griffin's Challenge Game...and the winner...

the winner of this game, would be awarded the honor of choosing to either free Clement Poon and allow him to show how much he's matured during his 'hard time' away from us...or, perma ban anyone he or she wants.

Is it okay I mention stuff like this in your thread, OP? You got your answer, right?

Remember, PB blaster might help getting things apart...assuming you're doing this yourself. Make sure car is cool!

Anyway, free firefirefire, fire3x, and Clement Poon--he promises he'll have a socially acceptable new sig pic...certainly not as vile as Penguine's!

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm ok leaving this piece off though? I mean it's already off laying in my garage. Just making sure I don't need to replace #7 I think? I believe that's the part that rusted out.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never really looked at that clamp there in detail, but it seemed fine actually.

I won't really care in a few months anyways. :p
What's happening in a few months? New exhaust? Selling car? :excited:

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts