E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 330i ZHP. In the engine compartment, passenger side, just in front of a firewall is a large empty well about 1 ft. sqare and about a foot deep. It has 3 mounting pads with threaded holes. This section of the engine compartment is sealed off at the top with rubber weather stripping.
What is this used for?

·
Registered
303 Posts
mhawman said:
I have a 2004 330i ZHP. In the engine compartment, passenger side, just in front of a firewall is a large empty well about 1 ft. sqare and about a foot deep. It has 3 mounting pads with threaded holes. This section of the engine compartment is sealed off at the top with rubber weather stripping.
What is this used for?
its referred to as the Weed Compartment, used by many bmw owners to pay off their cars by transporting large amounts of marajuana in that compartment. It used to store some components (power steering or something or another), but now its just THE weed compartment, I think if you get the cold weather package something fills that space. :thumbup:

disclaimer.. not that I would EVER sell/transport/use/buy drugs :eeps:

·
Registered
370 Posts
weed compartment, hahahahahaha. what is that used for anyway, I have a cold weather package and I still have that space.

·
Registered
161 Posts
mhawman said:
What is this used for?
if you had a RHD model all the stuff on the left side of your car (master cylender, etc) would be in there, and the left side would be empty

·
Registered
335 Posts
tim330i said:
it originally was for the pre-charge ABS pump but when the DCS system was changed they removed the pre-charge pump so the space is empty.

Yup. In mine I have my electronics for my siren, my GSM Dialer, my Boost Gauge sensor, my supercharger oil reservoir and the relay for my halos, all covered by a homebuilt cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.