E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
328Ci
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Eisennman, Supersprint and Magnaflow offer 70mm, 76mm and 83mm dual tips on their E46 mufflers (some of them have more options than others).

They all cost a lot of money for this part of Europe so I can't make a mistake and have it not fit, or that it barely fits and melts the diffuser. The OEM muffler tips I measured at 70mm (actually the chrome attachments on the tips measure 70mm so the pipe it self may even be ~68mm).

That means buying aftermarket 70mm is a safe bet. Can 76mm fit under the stock diffuser without cutting it (or on stock non-M bumper without cutting that, for other owners that will read this thread one day)?

·
Registered
328Ci
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Since nobody seems to know, here's what I found out from German and Russian forums using google translate:

Some have fitted dual 76mm and had to dremel their diffuser (or non-M bumper), and others have fitted 76mm without having to dremel anything. So it's a gamble that depends how low tips are welded on a specific exhaust box, and how low your installer can mount the box using some trickery. Also Eisenmann states for their 76mm diffuser/bumper must be cut, but they have to say that because they're not crazy to accept returns from those that couldn't fit theirs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.