BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like 235x19x8.5 Front and 265x19x9 in the rears? or 19.5? Using stock sports suspension and no fender rolling. Also what would they be if you were just to eliminate the wheel gap.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think 265 is widest you can go an a coupe, but not sure of wheel width. Someone must know...

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
i thought u were getting rid of ur ride :dunno:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
widest possible 19x10 265/30/19s. however u have to roll fenders.

widest possible w/o rolling fenders... proly 19x9 245/30/19s
Not verified though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So which area would be problamatic? The blue or the red? Hum.. well on that pic the tire is tucked in the blue part so I would assume the rubbing comes from the blue part. But there's so much space in there though hum.. How much does the suspension travel though? What if someone also has rebound adjustable coils? Hehe soooo many questions.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
i actually rubbed on the inside of the wheel well. On the other side of the red arrow.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hum.. a 265mm tire would only get bigger by .4 inches which really shouldn't do anything much unless ur like slammed. Btw potpie how far was ur drop? How much of the tire was tucked into the fender? But what I don't get is

if I get this straight 255mm = 10 inches so my current rim is only 8.5 inches that means that I Can run a 9.5 inch rim with a 255 tire since 255mm = 10 inches so then if my current tire is 10 inches and fits inside my fender without rubbing then why would a rim thats just bigger but still smaller than the 10 inch tire rub heh

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Good reasoning :thumbup: I'm trying to figure this out myself for a new set of rims. Can I get 19x9.5 in the rear of my coupe on 255 or 265 without rolling on H&R springs???

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would assume if SSR Gt3's offset is like 43mm it falls in the good range I suppose so you can run 19x9.5's without rubbing. Since the stock 17's are like 41-48 not exactly sure about it though but they are somewhere in the 40's a diffrence of 2-3 mm shouldn't make that much of a diffrence.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts