BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading a couple of threads on break-ins on our cars- Is there someting that can be done to reduce the possibility of break ins?
I read about putting a passenger side lock cover in- so the lock cannot be drilled-

What other experiences to you guys have with securing cars (aside from locking your pet pit-bull inside the car at all times!) There has been a lot of break-ins of late, and now I'm getting a little concerned...

TIA Guys!

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
thxguy said:
(aside from locking your pet pit-bull inside the car at all times!)
Ummm, just do the above. :D :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
install a bunch of x10 camera's in your car and route the video to a wireless lan so you can view the status of your car on your PDA. that way you can catch the criminals in the act!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sfh325i said:
install a bunch of x10 camera's in your car and route the video to a wireless lan so you can view the status of your car on your PDA. that way you can catch the criminals in the act!
Dude- You work in IT don't you!:lmao: :D

Re: replacing the lock- does anyone know how much the replacement cover costs- and do you order it body color or does it go under the cover?? Is is easy to do yourself, or does the dealership have to do it?

·
Invalid User
10,923 Posts
if someone really wants to get into your car... i think they'll get in. maybe one of those talking, annoying alarms will work best. :dunno:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Munich said:
Put it on a safe...:pimpin: :pimpin: :pimpin: :tongue: :tongue: :flipoff:
I was thinking it would be more secure INSIDE a safe :tongue: :pimpin: :flipoff: :lmao:

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,174 Posts
Unfortunatley, there isn't anything that will 100% gaurantee agaist break-ins or theft. You could get a blank lock cylinder to replace the door lock. A shock sensor to supplement the OEM alarm would also be a good idea.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Where in the world do you guys find these links. ROFL!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
vinnymac said:
Unfortunatley, there isn't anything that will 100% gaurantee agaist break-ins or theft. You could get a blank lock cylinder to replace the door lock. A shock sensor to supplement the OEM alarm would also be a good idea.
Not even that works. They drilled right through mine!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts