BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a couple ?s cuz im horrible at cleaning rims:
1)wats the best solution to use for the center of the rims ( i have brushed allum with clearcoat i dont want to ruin the rims finish)
2) wats the best solution to use for the lip (polished lip)
3) wat is the best way to clean them using the above solutions?
4) how do i dry them, and how ofter can i clean the rims without damaging the clearcoat or the finish? thanks guys

·
Registered
114 Posts
first off...nice looking car.

i would just use soap and water, then maybe wax or polish your rims after drying them, i'd just use a 100% cotton towel...seems easy to me. someone with rims help him out if my way is wack.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks^^ im looking for specific liquids to use for the centers, and for the polished lip without hurtin the finishes, thanks

·
Master of his domain.
2,289 Posts
Since I wash my car weekly, brake dust and road grime don't have a chance to build up on my wheels. To wash them, I use the same soap that I use on my car (Pinnacle Body Shampoo) and dry with a microfiber towel.

I wax the wheels with Wheel Wax once a month, and they look great.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dam i washed my rims today, there is soo much tar and little crap all over the lip of the wheels, dam the horrible weather, does anyone have a clue of how i can get rid of the tar or watever the hell that crap is? thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
If it is tar you can use tar remover. Shouldn't hurt the wheels. If it is brake dust, you should use BMW wheel cleaner. It won't damage your wheels.

I recommend you wax your wheels or better yet use "Corrosion-X" and you won't get any build up any more. You can just wash them with regular car wash and a good sponge and the crap just wipes right off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts