BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
No can do. Rasp is here to stay. Changing exhausts only changes the volume and gives it a deeper growl... rasp is still there on all Eisenmann, Tubi, AA, Supersprint, Dinan, etc etc etc.

The rasps comes from the heads/valves.. some think its double vanos... Only case reported to having removed rasps did a cam change... but no sound clips.

don't worry too much about it... you'll get used to it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my 2001 M coupe had the same exact motor and Dinan exhaust eliminated the rasp. or 95 percent anyway. so i figure same could be achieved on M3.

·
Registered
434 Posts
hayaku said:
No can do. Rasp is here to stay. Changing exhausts only changes the volume and gives it a deeper growl... rasp is still there on all Eisenmann, Tubi, AA, Supersprint, Dinan, etc etc etc.

The rasps comes from the heads/valves.. some think its double vanos... Only case reported to having removed rasps did a cam change... but no sound clips.

don't worry too much about it... you'll get used to it.
Deep enough growl will eliminate rasp ;)

·
933 Posts
The ACS M3 in the latest EUROPEAN CAR magazine indicated that the aftermarket ACS exhaust eliminated the RASP.

What does the RASP sound like? Like a higher pitched exchaust note?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
new headers. mid-pipe. and exhaust might do it. my eisenmann meisterschaft sus made my car sound alot better. the rasp is still there but its deeper and sounds great!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts