BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so 330ci with: ECIS intake and UUC exhaust and sport package and steptronic ?

The 7.0 seconds on the BMWUSA website is crap i know it has to be faster!

·
Registered
354 Posts
6.4s :dunno:

Sound like a trip to the track is needed to find out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
6.4 is extremely optomistic. Find somebody with a Gtech Pro and find make a few runs yourself.

I bet the #'s will surprise you.

·
Registered
500 Posts
what????? i thought that the 330 easily achieved that 0-60 time....i have a 323 manual with intake exhuast and shark injector and i have gotten 6.5....

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
i dont know, but i read somewhere that the 330ci manual did 0-60 5.7 seconds stock! i dont think theres more than .5 seconds different between tip and manual? the only other difference would be that the manual can launch :dunno:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've done many runs with a Gtech Pro in my 2001 330i SP 5 sp. (BB Tri- Flo exhaust / JC CAI).

My times have ranged between 5.9 (no spare tire, less than .5 gallon of gas, heated tires, 3K+ rpm) and 6.5. Realistically, with normal conditions and launch I would average 6.3.

Wheel size, outside temp, tires, vehicle weight (size of driver, fuel load) etc. will all play a variable.

Ps. Not to stir the pot but I have done back to back runs with my car and a 2004 G35 6 speed and the Infinity was consistently .2 or .3 of a second quicker to 60. No comparison in refinement and handling but the engine in the G35 is very strong with gobs of torque.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
5.8 is the fastest i've heard for a 330ci stock manual... the difference between the stick and the auto is not only the ability to launch, but also shift speed and power to the wheel.. the gearing of the differential is also different.

6.4-6.7 for the step is the norm.. supercharged will run low to mid 5's ..

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have a 323i step with ecis intake, shark, uuc tse2, pulleys

In 35 degree F weather, with nothing in the trunk, no passanger, i was able to get a 0 - 60 of 7.2 last night. This time is a full second faster than the book 8.2 (which was fairly accurate pre-mods)

I timed it periodically after each mod
ecis intake + pulleys- 8.0ish
intake/pulleys/shark - 7.4 - 7.5
intake/pulleys/shark/tse2 - 7.2

I hope that after headers/cams/port-polish/tranns software/lighter wheels to be able to hit low 6's or possibly even break into the 5's... i should be pushing 250hp by then.

i need a dyno soon

-burrito

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
TIS330CI said:
so 330ci with: ECIS intake and UUC exhaust and sport package and steptronic ?
On average the magazines clock it at 6.5-6.6 seconds. You should be able to trim 1/4 to 1/3 of a second with that setup.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
for starters, sports package wont' make u accelerate any faster... as for the intake, u shoulda gotten GRUPPEM for the best gain.. i would say u will trim .25 off ur 0-60 AT THE MOST

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
TheFallen said:
for starters, sports package wont' make u accelerate any faster...
Well... the 245 rear tires could give you a better launch than the non-sport 205 tires.

as for the intake, u shoulda gotten GRUPPEM for the best gain.. i would say u will trim .25 off ur 0-60 AT THE MOST
Dynos show otherwise. ECIS yields at least as much gain as the GruppeM (a little more, actually :eeps: ).

·
Registered
874 Posts
o4coupe. There are more diffs than you think. 1) the weight distribution is 50/50 for manual, it is 51/49 for an auto. this measn less traction because less weight to the back wheels. 2) An auto has a torque converter instead of a clutch. The means that the engine and transmission input rarely spin at the same spped. This si why when you floor and auto it takes a sec to get the power to the wheels. 3) you can launch an auto. I have two muscle cars. A 1968 ford mustang fastback 500 GTE and a 1971 Dodge Charger with a 440 Hemi Six-Pack. The hemi is an auto. It will easily keep up with the ford. all you have to do is power brake to launch an auto. make sure you turn traction control off before trying either though. I am getting a G Timer soon so i will see the times with launching and the times without launching. I will post again soon.

·
Registered
438 Posts
When I had a 01 330Ci with Step, I got a 6.7 0-60 timed on a regular stopwatch.

I did a few runs that day and that was the best time I got . . .

I never timed my 03 330i manual but it does feel a little quicker though it might be because the smaller delay in the DBW might give the feeling of being faster just because it is quicker to react.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts