E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dirtboy said:

no, it's the antenna for the cell phone. you can get it plain black, or painted to your car color. cost around $45 (painted) and it is functional. sorry i don't have a part number, but i can get one...
where can you get this??

·
Grüne Hölle Junkie
1,628 Posts
riuster said:
that antenna is for the sony XM Radio....specifically..i guess
no really, it's not for XM radio. they don't even have XM radio over here in Germany. I have a shark fin, it's for the cell phone. you can get either the shark fin or the stealth antenna that mounts in the rear bumper. i bought the shark fin cuz i was gonna get the BMW phone kit too. but then i found out that BMW is switching to Bluetooth for the phone and now I'm just waiting for the Bluetooth kit.

But once again, it IS a cell phone antenna.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dirtboy said:

no really, it's not for XM radio. they don't even have XM radio over here in Germany. I have a shark fin, it's for the cell phone. you can get either the shark fin or the stealth antenna that mounts in the rear bumper. i bought the shark fin cuz i was gonna get the BMW phone kit too. but then i found out that BMW is switching to Bluetooth for the phone and now I'm just waiting for the Bluetooth kit.

So you got it at the BMW dealership, they installed the antenna for you, then with the phone option. OK...GOT IT...well they also have the sharkfin Antenna for the Sony XM radio, it looks the same....OK..when you order the cellphone package, it come with it...I C..thanks.

·
No more mods
267 Posts
Dirtboy said:

Dirtboy, do you know when the bluetooth kit will available? When you get it could you let us know. THX

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think its kinda cool.....but do you have to drill into the metal to wire it with the phone? Or does it just magically sticks on and works as an antenna???

·
Grüne Hölle Junkie
1,628 Posts
JimJai323 said:
I think its kinda cool.....but do you have to drill into the metal to wire it with the phone? Or does it just magically sticks on and works as an antenna???
it sticks on the roof and the cable runs down under the drivers side weather stripping of the back window. there is a hole on the outside of the trunk weather stripping that has a rubber plug in it. there was a DIY at this web site: http://www.mindspring.com/~pmbenn/cpt8000.htm but i think that link is dead. do a web search for CPT8000 BMW Cell Phone install and you might find some info for it...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts