BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

Just got the original receipt from the guy I bought my car from. It's an import from Belgium so everything is in some foreign language.

I've translated most of the options (SYST DE NAVIGATION wasn't too hard) but it has option number 0431 - RETRO BASCULANT AUT :dunno:

The car also comes standard with Option 0877 - SANS DWA PAR SERRURE:dunno:

Anyone know what these are?

The car is a 2001 330i Touring (Am I the only Touring owner here???)

·
-not a mod-
31,618 Posts
I think 0431 is tilt steering. But Im not positive. There are about 10-15 tourings here. I have one of them..

·
Registered
62 Posts
HEHE you guys need a francophone to help you out on this one. (yes the language that you are reading is french.) It is an abbreviation of retroviseur... "rearview mirror" basculant means it rocks, or moves. so it is probably reffering to your side view mirrors that are foldable...

·
Registered
89 Posts
noztour said:
Hello

Just got the original receipt from the guy I bought my car from. It's an import from Belgium so everything is in some foreign language.

I've translated most of the options (SYST DE NAVIGATION wasn't too hard) but it has option number 0431 - RETRO BASCULANT AUT :dunno:

The car also comes standard with Option 0877 - SANS DWA PAR SERRURE:dunno:

Anyone know what these are?

The car is a 2001 330i Touring (Am I the only Touring owner here???)
Option code 431 is the automatically dipping interior mirror. In some markets (e.g. UK) this is standard; in others, it's optional. If it is not part of the standard spec, it will usually be included on the invoice.

Option 877 is more difficult. DWA stands for Diebstahlwarnanlage", which broadly translates as "theft-alarm system". "Sans DWA par serrure" seems to translate as "without alarm system for locking", or (paraphrased) "without an alarm system activated through locking", i.e. using the key.

Does the car have a fully-functioning alarm system?

The correct option code for the BMW factory alarm system is 302. This might be standard for the Belgian market, I'm not sure. www.bmw.be will be a good source of info.

Note that while UK E46s have come standard with an alarm system for several years now, cars in most other markets do not. When buying an import, you will have to make sure that the supplying garage requests options codes for the car to match UK spec. UK spec is often superior to its European-market counterparts.

You are probably the only one here with a 330i Touring. US buyers only get the 325i and 325xi Tourings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great. Thank you for all you replies. It certainly has the alarm fitted. That was one of the first things I tested. (Sorry neighbours)

I do have the interior auto dimming mirror and the auto dipping mirror when reversing.

Amazingly the guy I bought it from didn't know the mirrors were linked to the seat memory.

It's time to start modding I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts