E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I miss something?

I read a little while ago about a major announcement coming out about the next version of the DAE product coming out, but then today read that Vinnymac is now selling DDEs?

Did I buy a bum product? I was hoping to upgrade to the next version to help fix some issues with the product, but I have not heard from anyone about the next generation product.

Does anyone have any additional information? Has anyone upgraded to another version yet? If not, does anyone have any insight on the next version of DAEs?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
But there lies a problem

I currently have the DAE from Herb which VinnyMac sold me in the GB, and I want to Upgrade it. Just got an email back from Vinny and he said that I have to purchase a whole NEW DDE KIT because it is a different manufacturer what kind of crap is that.....I mean I have to spend any other $200 somthing dollars on the upgrade??????? If it is NOT a bump product, then what do u call this!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: But there lies a problem

chandavi said:
I currently have the DAE from Herb which VinnyMac sold me in the GB, and I want to Upgrade it. Just got an email back from Vinny and he said that I have to purchase a whole NEW DDE KIT because it is a different manufacturer crap.....

What is that all about!
Contact Matt/Umnitza about that, he should be able to work something out with you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Re: But there lies a problem

carbonworks said:

Contact Matt/Umnitza about that, he should be able to work something out with you.
I did~! Vinny said I need to spend another $200 something dollars, because it is a different manufacturer.
I mean if they MERGED, should we the customer still have the support we need??????:dunno:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: Re: Re: But there lies a problem

chandavi said:

I did~! Vinny said I need to spend another $200 something dollars, because it is a different manufacturer.
I mean if they MERGED, should we the customer still have the support we need??????:dunno:
I thought you said you e-mailed Vinny :dunno:

Try E-mailing Matt: [email protected]

I'm pretty sure they merged to offer better customer service.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: But there lies a problem

carbonworks said:

I thought you said you e-mailed Vinny :dunno:

Try E-mailing Matt: [email protected]

I'm pretty sure they merged to offer better customer service.

Umnitza told me to contact VinnyMac. So I did.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: But there lies a problem

chandavi said:

Umnitza told me to contact VinnyMac. So I did.
Ouch, don't know what to say about that then. I wonder if the DAE/DDE parts are interchangeable :dunno:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: But there lies a problem

carbonworks said:

Ouch, don't know what to say about that then. I wonder if the DAE/DDE parts are interchangeable :dunno:
BUM PRODUCT that NO ONE CARES.

·
Registered
115 Posts
carbonworks said:
Chill bro, just tryin to help.
We cold bro, I got Nothing against you, just mad about the situation.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
chandavi said:

We cold bro, I got Nothing against you, just mad about the situation.

David,

In all fairness; I wish you had more conversation with me before you posted your frustrations. There is nothing wrong with the DAE kit your purchased through FiberDesign. It will continue to function as advertised and Herb will continue to support the product.

You emailed me asking about an upgrade from your DAE product to the latest Gen V DDE product and I stated the upgrade price was $225+shipping. The DDE Gen V kit is very different than the DAE kit, which means you essentially get new lightboxes, halos, etc.

Please contact me if you still have questions.

Thanks.

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
In an effort to make the transition smoother, the decision has been reached that existing DAE customers requesting an upgrade will be given the opportunity to contact VinnyMac - the preferred customer service point (for continuity's sake).

Vinny is going to take care of you.

There is more involved here that outwardly visible:
1) DAE kits are not easily compatible with DDE - why? DDE uses thinner more flexible fiber, smaller openings in the rings to accomodate that fiber, and the illuminator design which encompasses the LumenX technology - again designed for the smaller diameter fiber.

2) We recognize the fact that you've purchased a kit, you'll probably want support for that kit. The prices you see are reflective of that support. That is, it costs money to provide support. By purchasing the upgrade, you are essentially getting our unlimited support (VinnyMac's in this case because of your previous exchanges)

3) We will not be forcing you to do anything. If you want to try to get support from Herb, that's fine. If you want to get support from us, that's fine as well. VinnyMac will help support some of the DAE product at least for the near forseeable future. If you would like to keep what you have, that's fine.

In other news, feel free to contact either Vinny or Myself to work through any issues you might have, a public forum is good to air things out but it's not good for resolving things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts