E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, The good news is that I just finalized a deal on a 330ci with Premium, Sport, Cold and Xenon's. It is a 2003 and I actually ended up getting it for invoice.

I am leasing it and my only question is this... I am paying 499/Mo with 2500 due at lease signing, which includes a 750 acquisition fee, does the lease company REALLY charge an acquisition fee? I have heard that they ALL do but dealers hide it in the monthly payment...

I am picking it up in two weeks, I wanted topaz blue but the deal was for a Steel Grey model, black leather and wood trim (who puts wood trim on a grey car w/ black interior!) I thought it was too good of a deal though to hold out on the color.

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did you sign the papers yet?
The acquisition fee should only be 300-400 at the most. I can't remember the exact figure, but I know i paid $700+ and found out afterwards that I got ripped off. The dealer jacks up that fee so they can pocket the difference. They might try to tell you that is the fee they charge everyone and they can't do anything about it, but don't believe it.
since you dont give any details, its hard to know if your pmt is fair, but it doesn't seem too far off. maybe $100 too high? tough to tell. nice color choice!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Equi said:
Well, The good news is that I just finalized a deal on a 330ci with Premium, Sport, Cold and Xenon's. It is a 2003 and I actually ended up getting it for invoice.

I am leasing it and my only question is this... I am paying 499/Mo with 2500 due at lease signing, which includes a 750 acquisition fee, does the lease company REALLY charge an acquisition fee? I have heard that they ALL do but dealers hide it in the monthly payment...

I am picking it up in two weeks, I wanted topaz blue but the deal was for a Steel Grey model, black leather and wood trim (who puts wood trim on a grey car w/ black interior!) I thought it was too good of a deal though to hold out on the color.

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks!
what do you mean the deal was for a steel grew model? is that why you got such a good price? cuz my dealer says 1800 over is the best they will do because " we dont have any dealer holdbacks" but i hear all these stories of people getting their cars for around invoice? please let me in on how you sealed that deal. thanks

edit : there was even one at the dealer, oriet blue with the same options you have and upgrade wheel. so i told the guy to give me a better deal since the new one was coming out for 04 but was like " just order then".

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Invoice? That would be awesome if you were purchasing the car :sad:

·
Registered
198 Posts
whether you got a good deal depends where you live. demand vs. supply. here in cali, you wont find a dealer that will give you invoice on a coupe.

and if you already signed the contract, there's no point asking cuz you'll only feel bad if sum one is paying less.

i got mine for about $590 for 36 months with 2xxx (forgot but it was the usual fees you're suppose to pay).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: Re: yeah but

Videoholic said:

Yeah, 500 more.
so, $3000 down and less than $500 a month for how long?
7 years? cuz you obviously cant be paying less than 6 years unless you gone a BONE STOCK 330 with no options.

i'll rather lease and be in my THIRD car by the time you are done with your loan payment ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
i wasn't replying to your post. and who leases for more than 3 years? now THATS pissing money away.

and who told you leases are limited on miles and mods? do what ever you like. over mileage? pay for it! mod? put stock back on or just trade in! thats what i've been doing ALL the time (my coupe being the fifth luxury car i got). people who cant afford to do that shouldnt be driving luxury cars.

what i'd like to know is what VIDEOHOLIC's contract term is. although it's pretty obvious it's more than five years.

·
Registered
382 Posts
CYBER PETE said:
I still think's pissing money away..you have nothing to show for it after 5 years...and you are limited on miles and mods...it's like renting a car for a really long time....
If you have a business you can write off the payment, so it's fairly similar after taxes, although you do lose the gas deduction.
I put zero down, 15K miles a year for 3 years. Say it's $21K, minus your taxes, say 33%, it's $14K in after tax dollars. That's $390 a month, and you can buy it yourself at lease end if you want. You know if it's been well cared for or not, too!

·
Registered
73 Posts
heres what im paying, just so you can compare:

2003 330ci Steel Gray
5-spd manual
18" M
sport pkg
premium pkg
cold pkg
bi-xenon

3 year lease, 15k miles/yr

$42,170 (price on bmwusa is $42,570)

$3500 down
$576/mo

And my buddy got this deal for me because he works at a dealership.. i went to a local dealership and spent over 4 hours talking with the salesman, for the exact same car best he was gonna do was $605/mo with 12k/yr lease.

·
Registered
280 Posts
What does it mean to get a car for "invoice" on a lease? How much will it cost to buy the car at the end of the lease, if you choose to do so?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid

I have a:

330CI Steel Gray
5 sp manual
Sport Package
18" Upgrade

3 year lease 12K per yr.

I paid 3300 in security deposits (I get this back I hope)

My monthly payment is 533.51 after Taxes.

I liked this deal because if i decide to lease another after three years I don't have to put any security deposits down and I get my 3K back.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes djefvert that price is including taxes, i got it from the nick alexander bmw in LA.. my buddy sells cars in beverly hills, i guess he knows them I delt with Dave Watson from the fleet department

1 - 20 of 20 Posts