BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys...i am planning to get the gruppeM CAI from Samir, but my next question is what exhaust will go well with it. Also is the 325 Performance Engine Software from Dinan necessary with the CAI and exhaust added. How much hp torque can I get if I get all three items (cai, exhaust and performance software).

Sorry for so many questions.

TIA...

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
I dont know about your numbers for just CAI, stage 2 engine Sw, and exhaust but if you add a throttle body and knock it up to stage 3 engine SW then you can see approximate Dyno numbers from the links in my sig. I have the Gruppe M intake with the UUC TSExhaust and it sounds great. Engine Sw isnt required and you should get no fault codes without it but teh car will deliver slightly better performance with it since it will change some of the fuel to air ratios. I also notices a less touchy DSC system with the upgraded Dinan Sw. My current setup is much more like my driving style than the stock setup.

Exhaust-wise you have lots of choices....UUC, Triflo, Dinan, ActiveAutowerke, AC Schnitzer, Eisenmann, Hamann, Quad exhaust from Hamann or Eisenmann..... The list goes on.

I really like my UUC and have heard good things about the Tri-flo exhaust

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I'm waiting to see what the 330i sport exhaust is like

I'm thinking about OEM 330isport which is supposed to be sport tuned. Might be less painful install this way.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GhostRider..thanks for info. After seeing your dyno numbers, I will defintely go with the plan and add a new throttle body. One step at a time because it is costly. One last question, I notice that Dinan also recommended an automatic transmission software. Is it really that necessary to get one just to save .01...

Thanks again...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ghostrider

I'm getting the GruppeM and have read that the Dinan Stage II software may be hard to come by without their CAI. Do you know if I get their throttle body, do I then "qualify" for the Stage III software, bypassing the Stage II issue entirely?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts