BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that our cd player's (stock), if you have the option, come with the BMW Business CD player. This seems like an odd name to me, so I wanted to ask what the "Business" refers to or how that name came about? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't figure it out:dunno:? (BTW I already tried doing a search).

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've always wondered the same thing. Everytime someone gets in my car who's never been in a BMW they ask "What does business CD player mean?". I don't know what to tell them.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
There are 3 different radios that I know of. Reverse (tape deck?), business and Professional. I have the Professional tape deck.

The business and professional are ready for CD changer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I beleive that one of them has twin tuners so it can find the best FM signal as you drive between counties etc. so when using RDS you dont get a gap in sound as it re tunes to the better signal.

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,181 Posts
none of yo biznasssss....

Q

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm interesting. Thanks to those who replied with useful information. Is it not possible for US-Spec cars to get the Professional head unit?

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha wow nobody knows the answer to this. I think this is the first question I've asked about my car that no one has been able to answer!

BTW, since I've never replaced my head unit, I don't know much about it...which is why I wanted to ask why every installation kit places the aftermarket head unit towards the left. Is there anyway to center it?

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,065 Posts
While I applaud your searching, you revived a 13 YO thread for that question? (I don't know the answer)

·
Registered
41 Posts
hahaha brilliant question. i have no idea. probably something got to do with some marketing scheme targeting traders - listening to business stations. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts