BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time to polish and wax for the winter. I was wonder what everyone is using when detailing their ride.

Also where is the cheapest place to get the porter cable 7424?

TIA,
Charlie

·
Registered
299 Posts
I used to use the infamous Turtle Wax, Blue Coral, Meguires...then I was introduced to Zaino. Easiest application I have ever seen and I will never go back! They only have a polish but according to their website www.zainobros.com, it outlasted every wax and polish on the market. I was worried that a polish would not protect but after doing research, you can not beat this stuff IMO. Use the steps found on websites or when they send you the products. I have extra bottles of it if ya wanna try it. Sorry bro, don't know about the cable.

·
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
So with that Porter-Cable what would you do? How do you use it? You apply a polisher or wax onto the car or the Porter-Cable? How does it work?

·
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey buddy and for those that are interested. I picked mine up from Griot's Garage and it does seem a bit pricier than others, but it does come with some benefits if you purchase it from griot's. You'll recieved simple and easy to follow instructions to actually teach you how to use the machine and you get a carrying case which I think others also have, but you get a lifetime warranty ;) so if anyhting happens you will always get a replacement for free :D, I've had it for 2 yrs and use it constantly on my car and other carts and it has been treatin me fine so I'd highly recommending it to buy it there and I actually highly recommend their products too :)

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=10625

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have the porter-cable polisher. It works great for getting rid of paint problems due to the enviroment pounding on your paint (bird poop, micro scratches ect..). I love it. Get some paint polish (I have Meguires swirl remover, low abrasive and PS2 paint cleanser). Wash you car good, dry it. then put polish on your yellow or orange cutting pad put it on the car and let her rip. I usually run it around 5 as I can move it faster and get the same effect as the lower setting moving slower. Takes less time. Remove polish with a microfiber bonnet over lambs wool with the porter, or do it by hand with a microfiber towel. I usually do it by hand as the bonnets don't hold too much residue and it is just as was by hand. Wax with you choice of wax and your done. Sounds easy but it is still a 4 hour process if you do the entire car. I usually do 1/2 one weekend and the other 1/2 th next.

My Uncle's black AMG had tons of micro scrathes on it, it almost started looking like swirl marks. I gave him a demo of the porter which removed 98% of them. He immediately ordered one for himself. Bastard just bought a M5 last month as well. So jealous.

·
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for sharing all... this is what I wanted to hear ...... anyone else have some technique or tips when using the porter cable or other products?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts