BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
3 years ago DEPO had a reputation for producing really bad quality and horrible fitting lights. They have since redesigned their entire lineup to OEM standards in terms of construction and installation. We have been extremely pleased with the step up in quality and have since decided to carry them with a 100% guarantee on fitment and satisfaction.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,756 Posts
:rofl: that's cute considering we sell DEPO day and night with never a single complaint. All of the clears and most of the headlights on our site are DEPO... very good quality, incredible pricing, flawless fit. This is a company that has truly turned themselves around and are on the cutting edge of OEM replacement!
JL

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rofl: that's cute considering we sell DEPO day and night with never a single complaint. All of the clears and most of the headlights on our site are DEPO... very good quality, incredible pricing, flawless fit. This is a company that has truly turned themselves around and are on the cutting edge of OEM replacement!
JL

I was looking around on the site...and saw something...if i ordered smoked sides....there is a crystal smoked..and just a smoked...whats the diff?

·
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied
27,035 Posts
I have DEPO clears all around. The rears are okay, but thefront and sides are a b<sp>i<sp>t<sp>c<sp>h! Must be the old production type.
The sides are a wee bit loose, one sides mounting clips cracked and i had to back it with some paper to keep it tense. The front though was horrendous. The mounting clips seemed to be really bad placed and didn't want to hold 100%. After installing them and hitting the autobahn, one side was suddenly missing. Seems like they weren't built for speeds higher than inner city = not BMW's.
Had to get them replaced with OEM's and payed through my nose for those :(

As I mentioned they must have been the old models that had fitment problems. I will not voucher that I would have this issue with another set if I bought them.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,756 Posts
Crystal smoked is tinted but just normal plastic. Smoked is tinted, but is also kind of... frosted. The plastic isn't smooth inside.. Does that make sense? :)
JL

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crystal smoked is tinted but just normal plastic. Smoked is tinted, but is also kind of... frosted. The plastic isn't smooth inside.. Does that make sense? :)
JL
So it doens't really make sense but thats ok...which do people buy more of...OR....which one is closest to stock??..cuz i just bought some OEM clears....so i hope it isn't to stark of a contrast???/:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts