BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all use to dry your cars with? Looking for something that wont leave scratches and swirl marks! Thanks

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Werd!

The "Absorber" is awesome. When dirty, just toss it into the ole wash machine, pull it out store it wet and wait for the next wash & dry. :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,259 Posts
Here is my method for drying:

After washing the car, take the nozzle off of your hose. Use a gentle, "fat" stream of water to sheet away excess water. I prefer this method over my old method of using a squeege (like the California Blade), because it floats off any remaining dirt, rather than grinding it into the paint.

I then follow up with microfiber towels. I usually use 3 towels to dry. The first pass is to soak up any initial water on the car. You don't have to be detailed with this pass; just get most of the water soaked up. The second pass with the second towel is used to dry the windows before they start to spot. Because this towel should still be fairly dry, I then go over the rest of the car a second time to dry any remaining water. The third and final pass with the last towel is used to re-buff the windows to ensure there are no water spots, and then to buff the entire car so that not one drop of water is left on the paint or trim parts.

If you choose, you can also follow up with a 4th towel and quick detailer to buff out any minor spots that may have been left when drying your car. Always dry in a shaded area, and never use the "drive-to-dry" method! :thumbup:

·
Halfway to 2L
2,490 Posts
I use a leaf blower to get most water off, then clean windows w/ stoner glass cleaner and spritz detailing spray on the car to clean off any water spots

·
Registered
928 Posts
I dont think a leaf Blower is such a good idea. Imagen anything in the air is getting blasted at your cars finish at 160Mph. Might be just me I will never take a leaf blower to my car.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,537 Posts
Leafblower, fulll power. Plus some sand for good measure.

Normal cotton towel. When I'm feeling lazy, I'll use the Mr. Clean auto dry b/c otherwise I use the Wax as You Dry.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts