E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Cool radiator but the price in my opinion doesn't justify the cost of just replacing it with the oem radiator and dealing with the cracking issue, which I have yet to experience.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Looks better than some I've seen on ebay....atleast it is indeed all metal, hard to go too awful wrong with it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have the cracking issue, but I have 170k on my car and I don't know if it's ever been replaced before. My poor bimmer was been neglected by the PO so I have a massive maintenance project starting in a few weeks. I just thought it might be a cheaper alternative to the Zionsville one but I'm unsure about the quality because, well, it's ebay.

However, I had a similar ebay radiator in my boosted honda and it held up just fine so :dunno:

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,762 Posts
OP,

I agree with Jake...OEM...Behr.

Mine for a manual was $140.

My original radiator came out at around 190K miles...my crappy ET was replaced 2 years into its life before my time...then again...at 185K miles (dated '01)...so crappy ET lasted 9 years

How can you get better than that?

Okay BMWNA...I think you should send me a free T-shirt now! Just PM me and I'll send you my address!

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,762 Posts
Jake!

Who's the emo in your sig...I'm hoping your gf, but if she was mine (if I was 'technically' able to have a gf, then I'd be on fanatics less, I think)!

Anyway...(sorry for threadjacking!)...just changed out my 10.7K mile old M1 0/40, replaced oil level sensor gasket and tried to clean sensor to see if I could fix yellow oil light coming on 5 secs. after start, and going off 10 secs. later. (Light still is on...have broken oil level sensor...next oil change!) Anyway...am sort of excited about my new boutique oil...we'll see...Total Quartz 0/30...yes, ll-o1!

Also, Enoc, discovered something rather odd...that when I replaced my alternator, I put the top bolt directly into the threads behind, but the alt wasn't pushed up into the bracket...been running like this since Spring. F!

I also can't imagine many mechanics that would have noticed it. I'd read so many diys...read so many having an issue getting an Alt in...and I've written many times about how easy it was. Well...when you don't know what you're doing, it's easy to mess up. Anyway...I'm not really an idiot...I just play one here! I hope this embarrassing story of my failure as a bmw owner, as an Internet mechanic, and as a person provides small inspiration to some of you to keep reading diys even after you've started puking...go for days puking...and then, know your limits.

Also, Enoc is of the opinion that my front crank seal is leaking...blowing back making it look like oil pan...and he's also of the opinion that oil pan gaskets are really good! My trans isn't leaking, so other than a very slight leak from the front crank (I believe we're talking something like a 300 ft-lb nut)...I've got new oil finally...a known leak source to monitor (oil loss was imperceptible over the 10.7K miles...except for that one mysterious disappearance of 1 qt. of oil between 3-4K miles).

Okay...too much of a threadjack!

Sorry, OP, needed to get that out...feel better!

What's up with you, Jake?

Doug

·
Shifting
31,976 Posts
Jake!

Who's the emo in your sig...I'm hoping your gf, but if she was mine (if I was 'technically' able to have a gf, then I'd be on fanatics less, I think)!
What's up with you, Jake?

Doug
I wish! Google Boxxy ;)

Doing good, 2 months left of school then I graduate. I cannot wait!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts