BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Formerly know as phatbimma
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have modified my hood as we removed the bmw roundel and flushed it all...

browsing through this german site I came across this picutre of a coupe with the same front bumper as mine (rieger) and had a ´badboy´(the term in the UK) hood (which means it slightly overlaps the lights...)

what do you guys think should I go for it... I think it will look phat with a pair of angel eyes....

opinions...?????

(Disclaimer please dont flame on my sh1t I know you guys consider some of my sh1t on my ride RICE but thats just euro for you)

steve

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
i think it looks pretty good. it would look better with the roundel still on the front, but thats just my opinion

PS it to black and see how it would look on ur ride :D

doesnt that block a bunch of the highbeam too? a good excuse to upgrade to bi-xenon.

·
Registered
363 Posts
he already does have bi-xenons from what i can see. I think it looks pretty sick but for some reason those hoods give me a feeling like thats some conversion and not an actual bmw.
:dunno:

·
Registered
38 Posts
:thumbup: looks great.........just do it

though under your sig pic it says........'INNOVATE DONT IMMITATE'.....so i guess you'd have to do it a bit different somehow, but :dunno: how

·
Banned
425 Posts
that's one of the phattest coupes i've ever seen.. i say do it!! :thumbup:

edit: may i add that it's VERY easy to over do the "badboy" hood and have it look ricey, but that particular one looks perfect.

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
um, how can u tell that FUTURE? bi xenon and regular xenon look the same, cept for the fine line in the middle of the projector housing that u can see from up close on the outside...

and if i remember correctly, his car is a 323, and i dont think bixenon was available in europe before 2002 like in the states.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that looks kick ass.... look so mean... haha
go for it... but i would also have to say keep the roundel too...
bmw roundel = :thumbup:

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tnoy66 said:
:thumbup: looks great.........just do it

though under your sig pic it says........'INNOVATE DONT IMMITATE'.....so i guess you'd have to do it a bit different somehow, but :dunno: how

I dont think i want to do the ´bad boy´ different because this one doesnt look rice or overdone to me, however it´ll be innovative if i do it on the ///M3 hood :D

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SpeedinBlueBimmer said:
How do you do that? Looks agressive as shlt.

EASY just weld up to bits of metal to your hood that over lap the front lights (nearly touching them but like 1 or 2 mm space so it doesnt touch, a big gap would look sh1t, my main goal is to make my mods look as if they came from the factory, meaning that they are of high quality and well executed, even if bmw would never build such a car) then you just cut the new bit to shape, give it the exact shape of the hood, use a bit (use the less possible) filler to skim a finish and paint that hood....u then have a badboy hood

hope that helps

steve

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just done a quick photoshop, I aint got the best photoshop skills so i done my best and it only took 5 minutes as I gotta go right now, im off to the gym...

the passager side doesnt look right to me, i couldnt get it perfect in such a short time...it was just to get an idea...

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kars04 said:
that looks kick ass.... look so mean... haha
go for it... but i would also have to say keep the roundel too...
bmw roundel = :thumbup:

I know people in the US love the roundel, now dont get me wrong I love BMW´s just as much as any fanatic but my roundel is long gone and I dont regret it, I think it makes the car look special, and there´s no way you can mistake a BMW for any other car in the first place....

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
futurebmw330ci said:
he already does have bi-xenons from what i can see. I think it looks pretty sick but for some reason those hoods give me a feeling like thats some conversion and not an actual bmw.
:dunno:
I think he meant for me to upgrade as I only have halogens...( I want to try and fit the 5 series xenons and angel eyes in the e46 housing)

Conversions are really a US thing over here there arent many people that put BMW parts on a non BMW....A true enthusiast cant mistake a BMW from a BMW.....

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,704 Posts
I love that look, but you'll need some angel eyes in there. I was thinking GenV would be nice for you because you were talking about the OEM look of the 5 series, but with a badboy hood you would be better off with the "bad boy" look of the Phosphyre Halos. I definately think that mod would be great, and I would want one myself....That beats any eyelids i've ever seen..

Also, how do you get all this custom work done? Your friend owns a shop, right?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts