BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ROI-ndian
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ...someone :eeps: just ordered a CF hood...and doesnt like the contrast of the CF with their blue car....and wants to paint it but wants show points for carbon hood

so a) have a lil like section like angled out in middle from windshield area unpainted

b) which i jus thought of would be cool...somehow i guess using a sticker or something, have "EUROPROJEKTZ" not too big at the top middle of hood by windshield left in CF and rest painted...thought that might be pretty pimpin

just thoughts ...any suggestions or on how to make that work?

·
ROI-ndian
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any one wit experience wanna help or have pics? i wanna do something hot but i dont liek the contrast of it

i wanna have some cf or da weave or wutever showin so the judges know wut its allll about

so far my best idea was the EUROPROJEKTZ left in fiber wit rest painted

this weave thing sounds interesting tho

·
Registered
134 Posts
does the paint adhere well to the carbon fiber. i was told that it chips easily. is this true? if so, what kind of preparation that needs to be done if a cf hood is to be painted? Thanks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I got an idea, you know how there are two creases that run the length of the bonnet? (to extend the lines of the grill)

I think you should paint everything outside of those creases to the right/left your body color and leave the middle C/F.

Sorry, but my p-chop skills suck. I think this would be sweet.

I also wanted to get a C/F hood, but I don't want it to be all C/F like a damn Spoon or something.

Hmmm...any other suggestions?

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can have your body shop take the same paint as your car color and reduce it so that it is really thin and translucent. Sometimes they mix this with clear like a one stage paint. Then they spray it on really lightly. This works very well and keeps the carbon fiber weave showing, but still maintains the car's color. I've been looking for pics, but so far no luck. I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I say paint it raw CF looks RICE on the hood. To many Hondas with that mod.

·
Crazy Boy
1,370 Posts
maisenhe said:
I say paint it raw CF looks RICE on the hood. To many Hondas with that mod.
too many hondas with H&R suspension, S/C, and turbo too :tsk: :tsk:

some people just use rice for everything.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
yea use the laquer idea. that idea is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nice. wouldn't work on silver tho

·
Modded ///Member
1,233 Posts
damn thats sick luckily my car is black and cf matches well but i do miss the all black look i might paint the outsides of it and leave center middle optimo said

·
Registered
771 Posts
what about do like this???:lmao: :lmao: my ex:banghead:

Attachments

·
ROI-ndian
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
way ahead of u guyz lol i had that pic saved from a week ago or somethign and have other pics...i have pics of a guy from texas i think wit a topaz e46 wit the clear blue coat...when i was thinkin of doin that i saw his pics, its cool but not wut im goin for...and that pic that wuz posted is good but wit hte e46 the grills are part of the hood so the grille area will be CF on my car wit that pattern and i dont like how that would look unless i had a black car

im trying find more out about the EUROPROJEKTZ things...if i use a vinyl sticker on the hood b4 they paint you think any paint will sseep under the sticker to ruin the design?

·
ROI-ndian
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
amitv85 said:
way ahead of u guyz lol i had that pic saved from a week ago or somethign and have other pics...i have pics of a guy from texas i think wit a topaz e46 wit the clear blue coat...when i was thinkin of doin that i saw his pics, its cool but not wut im goin for...and that pic that wuz posted is good but wit hte e46 the grills are part of the hood so the grille area will be CF on my car wit that pattern and i dont like how that would look unless i had a black car

im trying find more out about the EUROPROJEKTZ things...if i use a vinyl sticker on the hood b4 they paint you think any paint will sseep under the sticker to ruin the design?
::edit:: but just thought bout somethign when i go to sell the hood or the car....the person wouldnt want that on the hood...well **** em they can have it all painted lol i dont care that wotn be for a long long time and EP aint goin no where for a long time, as in aint gonna be a team that dies

·
The Achiever
1,778 Posts
playinJ30 said:

i was gonna find that pic and show him that.. i say that way or get a blue pearl tint to match your paint color from house of kolor. I have a friend in texas w/ a widebody S4 w/ a CF hood (his car is nogaro blue) and he tinted it blue and its INCREDIBLE.. looks great.

actually dude, scratch all that.. the Europrojektz idea is sick as hell and you should do that.... now thats dedication. Very sick idea, just have the europrojektz name running down one of the sides of the hood unpainted nad then maybe do that other design in the above pic of the silver E36 (not the flame one)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts