E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think..I'm thinkin' bout having a set of 18's on a black 328ci I might buy..anybody have any experience with these rims..oh, by the way, they're made by Volk racing..and they're hella light..that's the only reason why I want them...and I think a black car with black rims would look mean..but please let me know what you all think..thanks..

glenn

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
you're going to have to drill them to fit cause they don't make those in bmw lug pattern!

·
Der Meisterstück
2,399 Posts
besides redrilling the bolt pattern you would need to especially make sure that they can be made "hub centric". Otherwise, you will experience vibration from the wheels. This can lead to your suspension going bad and CV joints going bad.

Re drilling the bolt pattern isnt easy, you need a machine shop and a competent Machinist to do it correctly. But most importantly I dont know how you can make those wheels hub centric.

BBS uses a center ring system to make their wheels hub centric. These "shims" make sure that their wheels can be made for specific applications without having to make infinite wheels with different hub centric specifications. Different wheel manufactures have different systems.

They look nice, but good luck on trying to make them work for your car. It will cost you a good amount of money to make them work. If you dont do the machining, then youre asking for trouble. CV Joints and thrust bearings are not cheap to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts