E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

With all the hype on the new M3 CSL coming out, I'm curious to know which CSL specific parts will be able to be easily retrofitted to the standard E46 M3 (things like the CF roof obviously aren't going to be 'easy').

Which parts are you guys looking to aquire for you own cars?

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,238 Posts
it's hard to say. I don't think many people have seen a CSL close up so it's hard to say. The car isn't even out yet.

·
Registered
464 Posts
CSL Roof - Not likely. We are making an overlay CF roof.

Mirrors - In Stock

Trunk Lid - Likely but will have to find a way to retrofit the LED Reverse lights.

Seats - Just get some Recaro Pole Positions

Front Bumper - Most people would like to keep their fog lights. Our CSL splitters will be done in 2 weeks.

Rear Diffuser - Done in 2 weeks.

That insanely cool intake - Will most likely need some custom software to accompany.

·
Der Meisterstück
2,399 Posts
carbonworks said:
CSL Roof - Not likely. We are making an overlay CF roof.

Mirrors - In Stock

Trunk Lid - Likely but will have to find a way to retrofit the LED Reverse lights.

Seats - Just get some Recaro Pole Positions

Front Bumper - Most people would like to keep their fog lights. Our CSL splitters will be done in 2 weeks.

Rear Diffuser - Done in 2 weeks.

That insanely cool intake - Will most likely need some custom software to accompany.
Lets not retrofit the LED reverse lights to the CF reshaped trunk Lid and use the current coupe reverse tail lights instead. From a marketing standpoint alot more people would get it. Since the M3 isnt going to get a face lift anyways. The only thing different in the New M3's is probably the LED tail lights. But there are more Old M3s than new ones. Plus wouldnt it be a pain to retrofit the whole LED tail? since the brake lights are varying intensity due to amount of brake force.
Keep the old tail light set up and you'll sell lots

·
Registered
464 Posts
MrMotorwerk said:

Lets not retrofit the LED reverse lights to the CF reshaped trunk Lid and use the current coupe reverse tail lights instead. From a marketing standpoint alot more people would get it. Since the M3 isnt going to get a face lift anyways. The only thing different in the New M3's is probably the LED tail lights. But there are more Old M3s than new ones. Plus wouldnt it be a pain to retrofit the whole LED tail? since the brake lights are varying intensity due to amount of brake force.
Keep the old tail light set up and you'll sell lots
I'm not making a CSL trunk :confused:

·
Conceited Prick
1,916 Posts
how come everytime I go to yer website (Carbonworks) IE always reads "Done but with errors on page." IE just shows a name list of products and nothin' else.

·
Registered
464 Posts
unionjack said:
how come everytime I go to yer website (Carbonworks) IE always reads "Done but with errors on page." IE just shows a name list of products and nothin' else.
Cuz our website is being redone courtesy of NullPtr. Check back in a week.

·
Conceited Prick
1,916 Posts
carbonworks said:

Cuz our website is being redone courtesy of NullPtr. Check back in a week.
Sweet!!!:thumbup: I see yer in Houston, eh! My sister lives in Katy. A short hour and a half drive from SA courtesy of german engineering.

·
• DFW •
1,962 Posts
What about
- some of the interior trim?
- rear glass
- CSL strut bar (already on M3s)
- CSL Rims
- doors?
- Hood?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts