BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 BMW 325I with 175k miles
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Would you guys buy this DISA for 20$ and put it in your BMW if it was needed? It came from an XI. Looks like the gaskets might be bad. Any opinions?

·
Registered
884 Posts
View attachment 919199
Would you guys buy this DISA for 20$ and put it in your BMW if it was needed? It came from an XI. Looks like the gaskets might be bad. Any opinions?
Well, it looks like it has the kind of o ring you can replace (which I would do) so that's a plus. The pin is in place so that's another plus. (Give it a tug anyway). All you have to do is test the diaphragm and the solenoid to see if they're ok (see below). If it all checks out then buy it.
BTW I believe teh 3.0L and 2.5L DISAs are different so make sure it's the right one for your car.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well, it looks like it has the kind of o ring you can replace (which I would do) so that's a plus. The pin is in place so that's another plus. (Give it a tug anyway). All you have to do is test the diaphragm and the solenoid to see if they're ok (see below). If it all checks out then buy it.
BTW I believe teh 3.0L and 2.5L DISAs are different so make sure it's the right one for your car.

It is true the 2.5L has a smaller shorter disa...they are not interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 BMW 325I with 175k miles
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Awesome thank you, it says it's a 2.5 XI Dish and It's going into a 2.5 i

·
Registered
3 Posts
You cant know from the picture if the disa holds its vacuum. But what i can say is that the o ring is chipped. you can replace that one (it is part of a rebuild kit). I dont know what your budget is but i highly recommend you to buy a rebuild kit (GAS BMW M54 2.5L DISA Repair and Upgrade Kit) if you deside to buy the used disa, that is if the previous owner didn't do it already (originally the flap should be plastic if it is repaired its metal).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts