E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 99-2000 323i or 328i and trying to figure out all the different options available. I'm mainly looking on ebay as they have the best selection compared to local. Is there any cosmetic differneces that are easy to tell? I really can't tell when looking at two cars if one has the sport package and the other doesn't. It seems most of them are going for around 20-23k for around 36k-50k miles. Good deal? Thanks for all the input looking forward to getting my first bmw very soon. Also any other input on what to look for would be appreciated.
 

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
bmwti said:


The aluminum comes standard. The myrtle wood comes as an option, but is also included with the premium package.
Only standard on the 330 not 325. Well, that's how it used to be 2 years ago.

Originally posted by Choson 1
I thought the SP sedans have different aero kit...
Maybe on the new 3ers coming out. Not on the older models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:) I plan on getting the sport package but just wondering if i find a great deal on a non sport package car if i will be missing out.
 

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
JustinB181 said:
:) I plan on getting the sport package but just wondering if i find a great deal on a non sport package car if i will be missing out.
Two things are an absolute MUST have IMO. 1) Sport Package 2) Xenons

Everything else comes second.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok sport package it is :). Xenons i can install after the fact from what i understand but all the better if it comes already installed
 

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
JustinB181 said:
Ok sport package it is :). Xenons i can install after the fact from what i understand but all the better if it comes already installed
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Put down the extra money and get the xenons with the car now if you plan on getting it anyway. It will be so much more expensive to retrofit or go the aftermarket route. Trust me. YOU WILL REGRET IT.
 

·
yuppie racing
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
Killer Junior said:


Only standard on the 330 not 325. Well, that's how it used to be 2 years ago.
yep you right!! Just looked at the my old 2001 brochure from when I got. The 325 back then, came standard with "high gloss trim"


And I just checked in 2001 the sports package (for the 325)included-


17 by 8 star spoked wheels, 225/45 performace tires and 10 way adjustable sport seats. The suspension came stock as the sport suspension. However the sport steering wheel only came with the 330 sports package, according to the brochure anyway.....
 

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
bmwti said:


yep you right!! Just looked at the my old 2001 brochure from when I got. The 325 back then, came standard with "high gloss trim"


And I just checked in 2001 the sports package (for the 325)included-


17 by 8 star spoked wheels, 225/45 performace tires and 10 way adjustable sport seats. The suspension came stock as the sport suspension. However the sport steering wheel only came with the 330 sports package, according to the brochure anyway.....
BMW brochures tend to be off the mark sometimes. I remember seeing a 3rd (center) headrest for the backseat being an option at one point in time. I don't know if that ever came into existence.
 

·
yuppie racing
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
Killer Junior said:


BMW brochures tend to be off the mark sometimes. I remember seeing a 3rd (center) headrest for the backseat being an option at one point in time. I don't know if that ever came into existence.
hehe......I have that brochure as well. I didnt notice that until recently and i was like what the?? Im glad that never came into final production over here!!
 

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
bmwti said:


hehe......I have that brochure as well. I didnt notice that until recently and i was like what the?? Im glad that never came into final production over here!!
No doubt. Talk about having a blind spot...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Put down the extra money and get the xenons with the car now if you plan on getting it anyway. It will be so much more expensive to retrofit or go the aftermarket route. Trust me. YOU WILL REGRET IT.
agreed...GET THE XENONS...they won't add a whole bunch to the price...probably 200-300 dollars at max...plus you will be sorely missing the awsome self-leveling system...it rocks! Aftermarket systems START at 350 bucks for a cheapo one....and are not too much fun to install...stock is the way to go~
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top