Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Red: noticeable and aggressive

Votes: 34 64.2%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brembo cross drilled rotors are going on tomorrow, should I paunt my calipers red, or black with silver clips?? :dunno:

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M3 VROOM said:
real ones that is
:lmao: :lmao:

The red I'm thinking about by the way, isn't as "bright" as the one in the pic, I'm choosing between black, and a dark red. I don't want it to be bright red

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
47,771 Posts
Paint them red, will look hot!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I painted mine silver. it makes a nice difference,. def. dont do it red, black would probably look nice too, silver looks really nice if u have silver rims.

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Squeaky1 said:
What kind of paint do you use? I would like to do that also..
tirerack i believe sells G2 caliper piant, you could also get high temp caliper paint at your local auto store :thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone know how long the paint lasts? I have heard of it chipping off over time.

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it shouldn't chip if it's done right, my friend painted his red like 2 years ago, paint is still fine :thumbup:

·
Registered
893 Posts
its not really silver, its more of a dull gray color if u ask me. silver looks really nice. i was hesitant about doing it silver. in fact i had silver and black paint just in case i didnt like the silver i would do it black, once i did the 1st caliper i loved the way the silver looked. black is kinda pointless cause u really cant see it unless u stare at it closely. The only thing with the silver caliper is when u wash your car, clean the calipers as well, otherwise they turn into a grayish color and then they loook like stock. ive had them painted for about a yr and have no problems. the only thing now is that i have the stock m68s back on and its so dam cold here that i dont wash the car myself now. But if u have a silver wheel i would defenetly consider silver. U wont regret it.

Can anyone photoshop that pic with the ACS wheel and paint the caliper silver. This way u guys can see it

·
Registered
202 Posts
02White330Ci said:
its not really silver, its more of a dull gray color if u ask me. silver looks really nice. i was hesitant about doing it silver. in fact i had silver and black paint just in case i didnt like the silver i would do it black, once i did the 1st caliper i loved the way the silver looked. black is kinda pointless cause u really cant see it unless u stare at it closely. The only thing with the silver caliper is when u wash your car, clean the calipers as well, otherwise they turn into a grayish color and then they loook like stock. ive had them painted for about a yr and have no problems. the only thing now is that i have the stock m68s back on and its so dam cold here that i dont wash the car myself now. But if u have a silver wheel i would defenetly consider silver. U wont regret it.

Can anyone photoshop that pic with the ACS wheel and paint the caliper silver. This way u guys can see it
I am going to be painting my stock calipers as well and have been debating which color to use. I am leaning towards silver. And am wondering what it would look like.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts