BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering because it seems pretty quick. But one of my other friends who has a pretty fast (not very quick tho) tahoe said that the mustang isnt as fast as I think it is. They raced and my friend w/ the tahoe said he kept up pretty well.

Its a 1998 GT w/ Exhaust, headers (supposedly, they dont look aftermarket), and semi-cold air intake. Its really jsut a bigger intake, not really cold air. Stock he would put out 225 HP, although I'm not sure if thats to the wheel or at the crank.

All I have is exhaust which I dont think added any power.

Anyone have any idea?

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
u will be verrry hard pressed to beat him. 330's will whoop on GTs, but our 2.5L will get edged out.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was thinking...I wont go much over 100 w/ out a radar detector, so it would mainly be from 65-100

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Dude didnt you learn any lesson? U wont go past 100 w/o radar detector? Like radar detector is gonna save ur ass doing 100mph? If cop uses a instant on radar, u r fcked. I bet he can get a reading faster than you can slow down from 100 to 55. +U r never gonna a beat him from 65 anyway he has much more torque than u do. May be from a standing start if he does a bad launch. I think you should learn a lesson from losing your car for 15 days, next time you might not be that lucky.

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
gocker- u should get off his sh!t about it. we all chose to play the game, and i am takin a "time out" from it right now, cuz i was paced over 100 :D

its all good, we live and learn, and hopefully in the future i can avoid having the same thing happen to me.

with that being said, i cant wait to get my license and car back, so i can hunt some 'stangs with my 3.46 :evil:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Simsima...and just for everyone's info, the cop didnt take my license, my dad did, and it wasnt for speeding. And BTW, I know the highway that I WOULD be on, if I do it, and cops dont sit on the sides, they go w/ traffic.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
before you race you should put in you car

some perf. mod's to help your changes. like
shark injecter
perf. air intake
so3 tires.
if you race him race him with a 1/4 tank of gas also take out your spare tire. also don't have any body in your car. try to get your car at the lowest weight you can helps with the h/p to weight ratio. will help you gain perf. very little bit helps. will make it a closer race believe me.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
hell yea bob

get rid of anything in the car that is extra weight, if u are serious about being a threat to him. and def. start the race slower, maybe 40mph, so u can just punch 2nd at a nice RPM and get the best start possible.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, thats true, but Im not really big on beating him. We were just curious about who would win.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, but my dad probably would..........

He's whats keepin me from pullies, intake, SSK, etc.

All cosmetic stuff until next summer when I'm workin for him.

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
What trans does the GT have? If it's stick, I'd forget it. If it's auto, you have a chance, but not a good one. I'd put my money on the GT.

I took down a friends 95' GT auto without much trouble...although it has over 100k on the clock and hasn't been meticulously maintained.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its a manual, and like I said, I'm no too worried about winning, I was just curious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts