E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Center caps

• BMW, its classy

Votes: 50 89.3%
  • VMR, got to tell people what wheels brand you got!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Just leave them out

Votes: 3 5.4%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
:D
7,274 Posts
bmw caps look beautiful. aftermarket caps look stupid IMO. even bbs caps for the most part look bad to me. there's only a few exceptions where i found the aftermarket caps to look better than original.
and idk why you gave an option for no caps. that looks awful

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
I gotta say, this is the silliest poll question EVER. Ever.

If the wheels will not take BMW center caps, the wheels should not even be on the car. Do not leave the center holes open, and do not use aftermarket caps. Leaving the holes open is tacky, with a capital tacky, and aftermarket caps are cheap.

·
Registered
313 Posts
BMW for sure, the no cap is ugly and VMR cap almost looks as bad. BMW center caps on the those black VMR's look wicked clean.

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Does anyone know what size roundels work best with 19" Miro wheels? (type STP 2 specifically)
Work BEST? The size that fits is the size that works best. Measure the hole in the center, then find caps that are the same size. I'm not entirely certain, but I think there are three sizes of Roundel, a large and medium for the hood and trunk lid, and the small one for the center caps. A quick Google search -- less than 10 seconds to type and wait for the results -- finds thousands of sellers. It appears that 68mm is the size of the center cap Roundel.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I vote for the blue carbon fiber centercaps that Khoalty sells, I've got them and they are awesome!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Work BEST? The size that fits is the size that works best. Measure the hole in the center, then find caps that are the same size. I'm not entirely certain, but I think there are three sizes of Roundel, a large and medium for the hood and trunk lid, and the small one for the center caps. A quick Google search -- less than 10 seconds to type and wait for the results -- finds thousands of sellers. It appears that 68mm is the size of the center cap Roundel.
Sorry to waste your time by asking instead of searching. Of course, your snidely toned answer (while informative and for that I sincerely thank you) took longer to type than either my initial question and the search. So if you so resent the inquiry why waste the time posting such an elaborately condescending answer? I never understand why people do resent others for going to a community site like this that has a concentrated group of users who associate specifically around their interest in such information instead of falling back on the open ended search.

I apologize, I am so sorry, I hate to pollute this post on roundels with my inane and so easily answered question re roundels, I hope have not sullied it's reputation or bruised your intellect. And you're right, you found the information as I could have on my own, I hang my head in shame and defer to your supreme knowledge of not only of all things e46 but also web search and of course almighty forum protocol. That I was typing on one hand while holding a kid bored at a family mothers day party and thought why not... Someone knows for sure in here... instead of searching sometime when I've got a free moment and remember (lol) was a clear indication of my slackjaw idiocy and general lack of brainpower... I now must now my head in shame to my family and children. Oh god of Internet forum, why hath thou forsaken me?????

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.