BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cars should an '03 325i be able to beat with minor upgrades (CAI, exhaust, etc.)?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Every Hyundai and Suzuki (cars).

·
Account closed per your request.count closed per y
457 Posts
who gives a damn.... if you wanted to be the fastest, you wouldn't have bought a bmw... you would've gotten a motorcycle.

·
Registered
409 Posts
come on guys, thats rude. he asked a legitimate question, and doesnt deserve that in return. not everyone has the 10k more for a 330. also, he didnt ask if he could beat a ferrari, so the motorcycle comment is rude..

with a stock 325, manual you should be able to beat civics, integras, things like that. If you put about a thousand into it and get technik stage 1 you should be able to run with a few faster cars like a rsx. im not really sure though, i dont have a 325

·
Registered
250 Posts
alken said:
anything driven by a driver worse than you...
Good answer! Stock 325i is capable of beating a Jetta or GTI 1.8t or VR6. Audi A4 2.8 or 1.8t. Mercedes C Class except the AMG. Most Japanese sedans.

Hey I even hung with an Aston Martin DB7 Convertible today getting on the highway, this even suprized me and my fiance who was in the car. It wasn't a Vantage (v12) I stayed with him up to around 100 when we both backed off... It was a DEAD even match.

Either way, if the driver of the other car sucks then you win. But let's try and keep it off the streets people... I don't wanna hear about any deaths or arrests.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
325i is much quicker than: A4 1.8T, C230 K, TSX, X-Type 2.5
325i is as quick as: A4 3.0, IS300, X-Type 3.0

Note: assuming all cars w/ manual.

Ignore factory-spec hp. Power at the wheels, along w/ weight & powerband are what matter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts