E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What REAR bumper is this?? Mtech?

I saw it from one of the posts and got so confused. is it a part of the BMW M-tech bumper? It looks like one for the Sedan but the car in the picture is a Coupe.. It looks pretty nice. may be that is the rear bumper i need.





sorry to post this if it is well know. i am just stupid maybe.. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am talking about the Rear piece. Is that one is for the Coupe also?
I think it look cleanest besides the $$ Tornado rear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,371 Posts
huh he just said it was mtech
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i am getting a rieger front. Hamann sides
do you think that mtech is low enough to match them?
need little help =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Micro64 said:
I am talking about the Rear piece. Is that one is for the Coupe also?
I think it look cleanest besides the $$ Tornado rear
LOL if you posted a pic of the rear, obviously you're asking the rear ;)

To be honest the m-teck won't be low enoughf or the aftermarket side skirt and front that you will be plannin to purchase
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what are the choices i have if i am getting a Rieger Front?
Hamann sides?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
Micro64 said:
So what are the choices i have if i am getting a Rieger Front?
Hamann sides?
Yeah, search for pics of Mikey's car -- he has Rieger front, Hamann sides, and Hamann GT-R rear ... looks SICK! Though the similarity between the GT-R rear and the mtech rear makes me wonder how it would work with the Hamann sides ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
all the guy has done is colour code the rear diffuser on his M tech bumper...interesting i always wondered what that would look loke..its better than i imagined...i dont think i'll bother doing it to mine as my car is balck it wont really notice??? has anyone out there colour coded a black one??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
Lee328ci said:
all the guy has done is colour code the rear diffuser on his M tech bumper...interesting i always wondered what that would look loke..its better than i imagined...i dont think i'll bother doing it to mine as my car is balck it wont really notice??? has anyone out there colour coded a black one??
I'm pretty sure the E39 M5 goes body color on the lower portion ... and they look similar enough to give you an idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
I'm confused about something....the upper bumper looks like the M3 bumper (with the dimples in it)...but the rear lower valance looks of course different (being a dual exhaust).

Is that lower valance a piece that will add on to a stock coupe bumper? I HATE the reflectors that are mounted in the lower portion of the bumper. I don't want to get a whole rear bumper, but if I could just get a nice clean lip like that i'd be really happy!

Anyone know where I can find one of those?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Oh...I feel better, i'm not the only one whose outer taillights don't match the ones in the trunklid (my trunklid ones look almost smoked in comparison to the clear taillamp lenses).
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top