BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of changing my pads and rotors soon and I was wondering what brake pads wont turn silver wheels into black easily. :)

·
Registered
26,441 Posts
I'm in the process of changing my pads and rotors soon and I was wondering what brake pads wont turn silver wheels into black easily. :)
You have an M, it goes quickly, it should be able to stop quickly. Faster it stops the better, and typically, the smartest choice you can make is OE...textar makes non-M oe, SolidJake likes Jurid, another maker using OE compound.

Please don't put dust above stopping.

Dust and the color of your wheels is unimportant; your car will look far better with dust anyway...gives it that tough look the ladies like!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Some people like Akibono, sone like Cool Carbon, others like Hawk. I personally will be switching to Performance Friction Z-Rated.

The choice is yours . . . . "Yuo can get with this - or - you can get with that."

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Axxis deluxe plus is the brand and model i think. Huge difference and no, they do not stop as well. They also need to be warmed up in the morning via 3 hard stops.

Once I went F/I I had to switch to track pads which surprisingly turned out to be low dust as well, just noisy. Yeah, my Cobalt Friction Ceramic race pads stop unreal fast and hard...pretty low dust and dust color is silver/gray, not black.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
What brake pads are light on brake dust?

Pads that don't brake as well.

There is no magic fairy of brake pads. Brake dust tells you that the pads are wearing down from braking. Less dust = less wear = less braking efficiency.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hawk HPS is what i use to use.. i have OEM right now.. its not THAT bad under normal breaking conditions. hard breaking is going to cause heave break dust... i agree with alan on this one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cool carbon pads have a lot less dust than OEM, they stop just as well, and don't squeal.

Just never EVER use them on a track day. Once they get really hot they leave deposits on the rotor, and you will get really bad vibrations.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't get any dustless pads.. none will stop the car as well as "dusty" ones. LOL. Its better to just clean your rims frequently and apply polish often to keep the dust sliding off...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wagner ThermoQuiet. Much less dust than OEM. Brakes feel exactly the same as OEM pads. No loss of stopping power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts