BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I DIYed mine in microsuede
I wanna do mine in MegaSuede!!!!

t
where can I find that?
Google keeps finding me a megaSwede, and that was NOT what I was thinking of....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Adding the key to this list. Quite a headache I went through for such a small sized item.

·
Registered
30 Posts
LOL...new owner here. I noticed that yesterday first time and about made me dizzy. I was like what the...
It comes in handy for parallel parking so you don't mess up those nice rims on the curb lol. Germans do a lot of parallel parking. Well Europeans in general do a lot of parallel parking. While I was serving in Germany, I became excellent at parallel parking. This feature saved my aftermarket 19" right rear rim with low pro tires on so many occasions. I think it is actually called curb assist parking feature or something like that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't like how you have to pull the inside door handle TWICE to open it. Everything else I've driven is just one pull and the door opens, but nope. Two pulls and it opens and everyone who's ridden in my car has told me my door is broken because it doesn't open on the first pull
Personally I like it because it's less hassle and faster than the unlock button. However, I don't like having to tell or keep reminding a passenger to pull twice. Once to unlock and once to open. One day someone is going to snap my interior door handle off. Would be nice to have a feature to unlock the doors when you put the car in park though.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
4,189 Posts
I personally hate the autolocking doors. My ex once left her Cutlass Supreme in drive, but had set the parking brake, when she got out to open our gate. As soon as she took her foot off the brake the car rolled forward a bit as it settled onto the parking brake and the doors autolocked. Without realizing that she closed her door, locking herself out of the still running car. She couldn't find her spare key as we had just recently moved in and it took me a half an hour to get home from work with mine. By then it had run the tank dry and that melted the fuel pump. Had to get her a rental car to get her into work until I could drop the tank and put a new pump in.
All over a stupid mistake compounded by a "feature" that we never used.

I also once finished a timing belt job on a friend's Civic and had the engine running in the garage to get the fluids circulating and warm to set final levels.I had no idea that this car had automatic locking and closed the door. <chunk>
Fortunately he wasn't too far away and got there to unlock it before the exhaust fumes completely filled my house.

I now never close a door on a car that I'm working on without having the window rolled down.

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,256 Posts
Personally I like it because it's less hassle and faster than the unlock button. However, I don't like having to tell or keep reminding a passenger to pull twice. Once to unlock and once to open. One day someone is going to snap my interior door handle off. Would be nice to have a feature to unlock the doors when you put the car in park though.
If you ever go with an android multimedia radio replacement, adding the iBus adapter and app will unlock the doors at key 0 or handbrake application.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you ever go with an android multimedia radio replacement, adding the iBus adapter and app will unlock the doors at key 0 or handbrake application.
I actually have a EONON android touch screen radio. Would this ibus work with it? Where can I find this ibus adapter?

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,256 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
oil leaks,, every time you fix one thing something else starts to leak,, and rust, but planning a total refresh this year all new suspension and bushes as well, uk weather does bad things to the underside of an e46

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
5,028 Posts
oil leaks,, every time you fix one thing something else starts to leak,, and rust, but planning a total refresh this year all new suspension and bushes as well, uk weather does bad things to the underside of an e46
There's an old joke us Beemer riders like to pull on Harley guys:
"Hey, your Harley is out of oil."
"How do you know?"
"Because it's not leaking." :poop:

·
Registered
245 Posts
19 E3/E4 Peak codes. They come and go. I checked vacuum, DISA, MAF, O2 Sensors,... But they just pop up every now and then. One thing I've noticed the last two times was I was parked and idling for 5-10 minutes when the Check Engine Light came on. Not sure that's anything?

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
5,028 Posts
BMW is a funny company, I've been with the marque a long time.

First there were NO cupholders. I get it, We're German and take driving on the Autobahn seriously. No drinks allowed.
Then there was no way to get heat out of the center vents. Why? Vell venn za varm air hits your face you can sleep.

Then marques like Lexus and Infinity started kicking their ass in the luxury car sales.
Voila': Cup holders and heat out of the center vents!

101 - 120 of 142 Posts