1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
ess tunig has the best output

·
ASA NO MO
2,378 Posts
ASA puts out the best numbers. Its the only kit that boosts at low rpms.

If you want to know more, just ask away, I am running the kit myself.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maximim HP is not the primary goal. maximum reliability and best drivability are the primary goals.

what brand/style of blower to each of the kits have?

has anyone had long term experience?

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Search the threads bro...There are a couple threads like 5 pages long explaining each kit..

There's only 3 kits to consider (no particular order)
1) ESS
2) ASA
3) AA

Several members have one of each (I have AA). xS3x/crispvx/RR BuGGz all have ASA along with others..

Should check out tUNINGwERKS mag issue #2 for a writeup on 3 different 330's with those s/c's

Good luck...

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
V330xi said:
ess tunig has the best output
Huh? Not that I've seen...ESS has the lowest and has been proved on here..

ASA has the highest, just ask xS3x!! ~360Hp at the crank :D

AA is in between, ~320Hp

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ESS says that they are working on CARB approval. are any of the other two CARB approved or in progress?

NickACS:
Search the threads bro...There are a couple threads like 5 pages long explaining each kit..

Should check out tUNINGwERKS mag issue #2 for a writeup on 3 different 330's with those s/c's
Where can I get that magazine? I tried to dig up some threads in the archives but it is too difficult with the 4+ character rule. If you have them handy, can you post links for that thread? Perhaps a useful search word that is at least 4 characters?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Why do people seem to prefer ASA? The AA has an intercooler and oil cooler so wouldnt that make more sense because the oil cooler will help keep internal temp down?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the air/air intercooler on the AA system lengthens the intake tract and very likely lessens throttle response. perhaps the EML compensates for it somehow.

the AA kit looks interesting due to the "turbo driven by belt" design. how quiet are they?

anyone have a link to the ASA site?

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
31st330i said:
ESS says that they are working on CARB approval. are any of the other two CARB approved or in progress?

Where can I get that magazine? I tried to dig up some threads in the archives but it is too difficult with the 4+ character rule. If you have them handy, can you post links for that thread? Perhaps a useful search word that is at least 4 characters?
Hmm, not sure on the ESS/CARB approval..Since I'm not in Cali, doesn't bother me! ;)

Don't have the threads handy, but you know you can still search on words less than 4 chars, just put an "*" before/after the word (ie. ASA* will find ASA!) hehe..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts