E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want to have to change out my sport package shocks. What springs will work with the OEM sport suspension?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'd like to know the answer to that question as well. Since I paid extra for them "sport suspension" package, I'd like to get as much out of them as possible.

On a side note, I've read past threads where ppl said it's bad for the suspension if you have oem sport shocks with race springs. Can anyone confirm?:dunno:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check out the Vogtlands at purems.com
According to their website, the Vogtlands can work with OEM shocks.

Our springs are developed to match the stock shock absorbers. However, they can also be combined with any quality brand-name shock presently available on the market.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think UUC's are one of only sets that make the claim to work with stock shocks. But look on their site and do a search here. I think the rear looks dumped and the front sits too high. Not crazy about that look. Makes it look like your haulin too much crap in the trunk!!!

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
1,973 Posts
mtfour said:
Before, After
mtfour, i assume you're running the H&R's, correct?

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,024 Posts
kidsdoc said:

mtfour, i assume you're running the H&R's, correct?
Actually, no. I don't have a single mod on my car, yet. The car I posted is from the UUC web page. I plan on getting either Eibach or UUC, I herd they were both good. I definately will get something within the next month or two. I also herd Eibach was stiffer than factory, with a nice drop, but not as stiff as UUC. And I herd the H&R's were very, very stiff, yet very good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My H&Rs are great. I called them and they said that the springs were designed to work with stock shocks. The only mod you need to make is to trim the front bump stops.

·
Registered
874 Posts
It doesn't matter what company you go with...Eibach, UUC, H&R, whatever. The shocks are not designed for the spring rates that those aftermarket companies have developed. Sure, the stock shocks might handle a 1" drop okay...but if you drop it significantly, you will end up destryoing the stock shocks...and end up with the floaty ride. Its SO much easier just spending the $400.00 to replace the 4 shocks with a set of Bilsteins or Tokico..or whatever than to have to do it again later when you DO blow your stock shocks. Just think of how much labor it will save....and trust me, you will be WAY happier with an aftermarket shock that can handle the rebound of the aftermarket spring. Many times people have lowered their cars on the stock shocks only to find out that the car handled BETTER with the stock suspension. Do yourself a favor...save up if you have to, but do aftermarket shocks, and do it right.
Anyone agree/disagree with my assesment?

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,024 Posts
TheDream21479 said:
It doesn't matter what company you go with...Eibach, UUC, H&R, whatever. The shocks are not designed for the spring rates that those aftermarket companies have developed. Sure, the stock shocks might handle a 1" drop okay...but if you drop it significantly, you will end up destryoing the stock shocks...and end up with the floaty ride. Its SO much easier just spending the $400.00 to replace the 4 shocks with a set of Bilsteins or Tokico..or whatever than to have to do it again later when you DO blow your stock shocks. Just think of how much labor it will save....and trust me, you will be WAY happier with an aftermarket shock that can handle the rebound of the aftermarket spring. Many times people have lowered their cars on the stock shocks only to find out that the car handled BETTER with the stock suspension. Do yourself a favor...save up if you have to, but do aftermarket shocks, and do it right.
Anyone agree/disagree with my assesment?
Agreed. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
just spend the money and get coilovers. I will as soon as i figure out which ones to get

1 - 14 of 14 Posts