1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
okay, anything BESIDES a jl amp...???

·
Registered
831 Posts
The 1000/1 is NOT too much power for the 10W7....it will run it just fine and you WON'T blow it....the W7's are severly underated in their power handling, and yes, I know this from experience :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
1000/1 is not too much power, I have one 10W7 in a 2 or so cubic feet vented enclosure and it hammers. I hit a 151.5 in the car with the seats up!

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
TheDream21479 said:
I hit a 151.5 in the car with the seats up!
damn! we had a spl "sound off" one time and the loudest was 165.... but there was at least 6 subs in that persons suv.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
those 8w7's look interesting..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so what do u guys recommend, the jl500/1 or 1000/1, i dont want to blow the speaker, i want to make sure it can handle the power.
Also what is the price difference on the 2 amps?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 500/1 with a 10w7 and it sounds great. Take a look at JL's website. They have recommended power ranges for all of their subs. Their site says that the 500/1 is optimum amount of power for the 10w7, but it can handle the 1000/1.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
BadBoy said:

They have JL 8W7? :confused:

EDIT: I guess they do!
JL 8W7
yep! aint it the cutest thing?:lmao: this is probably what im looking for just for some clean bass...nothing too extreme:eek: although, it only comes in svc @3ohms?:banghead: :mad: i would like to run something besides a jl amp..:mad:

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
low said:

yep! aint it the cutest thing?:lmao: this is probably what im looking for just for some clean bass...nothing too extreme:eek: although, it only comes in svc @3ohms?:banghead: :mad: i would like to run something besides a jl amp..:mad:
I heard that in the box that the OHM will be closer to 4 ohms. So you can run it on your amp at 4Ohms...

Sorry I have no evidence, but I read it on a sound forum from a JL employee... However they did say, you can run it off your 4 OHM and and it SHOULD be ok... no garuntee..

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
Delirium said:

I heard that in the box that the OHM will be closer to 4 ohms. So you can run it on your amp at 4Ohms...

Sorry I have no evidence, but I read it on a sound forum from a JL employee... However they did say, you can run it off your 4 OHM and and it SHOULD be ok... no garuntee..
interesting....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts