BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2003 M3 vert- build date is 09/2002
pre wired
Lots of Bluetooth adapters on Amazon, mostly bad reviews. Car audio installer near me recommends the GROM but I’m not sure if it can be wired to an OE microphone.
BlueBus looks cool but don’t want to wait :)

any one else have any good experiences out there and products to recommend?

thank you!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just wait for the bluebus , im gojng to order another one for my other e46 . N would get the oem mic for it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t think I can listen to FM radio much more and I’ve only driven her 100 miles :)

I’m down with waiting for BlueBus for telephone bits. Is there anything simple /cheap for Bluetooth audio only that can connect in trunk? I would just toss it on ebay once I get a BlueBus / mic installed

·
Registered
489 Posts
I dont think there's anything else that is cheap that connects in the truck . I have an Amazon Bluetooth aux on my second ride. It works good for being something cheap , but the battery only last about 2 or 3 days then you have to recharge it . This is the reason I only bought one bluebus to see how good it works. Which exceeded my expectations . Connects immediately to your car as soon as you get in and starts playing whatever you were playing last . You can add the triple blink to your car . The oem mic . So for that reason im buying another one .

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cabrio here as well. My solution, since I mostly drive solo, is a good set of bluetooth earbuds. Creates a near perfect acoustic environment top up or down. With my LGs, the mic ends up out of the wind so no problem with conversations on the interstate doing 70, either.

Eventually, I plan to go BlueBus for a little more convenience, but the earbud route has served me well for several years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cabrio here as well. My solution, since I mostly drive solo, is a good set of bluetooth earbuds. Creates a near perfect acoustic environment top up or down. With my LGs, the mic ends up out of the wind so no problem with conversations on the interstate doing 70, either.

Eventually, I plan to go BlueBus for a little more convenience, but the earbud route has served me well for several years.
This is actually illegal depending on where you live -- Headsets - AAA Digest of Motor Laws

I third the BlueBus 🤪

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is actually illegal depending on where you live -- Headsets - AAA Digest of Motor Laws

I third the BlueBus 🤪
Reviewing that list, I'm actually surprised at how few states have a prohibition. I'm not advocating noise cancelling or isolating options, BTW...that would be unsafe. With the ear tips I use, I can still hear conversation at a normal level unless I choose to turn up the volume enough to drown you out. :)

BlueBus. You're a little biased. :sneaky: In all seriousness, I don't think there is a good non-earbud solution for music/phone call quality in a 'vert with the top down if you're near interstate speeds. With the windows up and wind blocker deployed, I can get the factory system to a volume where I can mostly understand what's being said, but it's certainly not quality listening...just turn it off at that point. With the windows down (preferred operational mode)...forgetaboutit. I can't imagine the built-in mic picking me up over the wind noise even if I could hear the caller on my end with the top down, but as I don't have that option to try yet, maybe I'm underestimating the system a bit. Basically, about the only time I find the factory system usable with the top down is at stop lights/signs...and even that's problematic due to fart can exhausts on the fast-n-furious wannabes or someone deciding that everybody at the intersection should be listening to their musical selection. YMMV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts