BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have not worked on this car in FOREVER - finally got the time to work more on the amp rack and get the finish wiring started. Here you can see where we started:

And we have one amp in:

And a close up:

techflex is a *****, but it looks nice when done. And a word to Zapco - why, oh why would you make connectors with a "space saving" deisgn, then make the symblink connector stick out so far - worst design in ages :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that amp is 6 channels - it's going to power a DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 set - fully active

the other amp will be the 750.2 - that will power two 10's.

·
Hawaii 3.0
5,373 Posts
there are so many different types on that site. which is best to use for car audio?

·
Registered
4 Posts
depends on what you want to work with - I use the clean cut - comes in most colors and you can cut it with a standard pair of scissors

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
That Zapco amp looks pretty sleek, I like it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I can't wait to see your setup done. Your last one was pretty bad a$$. Are you going to vent the cover for the amps?. I just burnt out my JL 500 with a similar install (unvented). BTW, I am wondering if you shouldn't continue shopping and try to find a bigger amp? :wow:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks - it's not THAT big of an amp :D It's only 24" x 7" x 2" - so for the power and features, it's small.

Mine won't have temperature issues, it will be vented to the trunk, but not forced.

Thanks! The old installs have all been fun

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
2,057 Posts
looking good rob. say, i heard youre no longer in norcal, wtf???

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no, I'm still here - never moved - probably moving further north to the city proper soon.

were you at marv;s? I had a lst minute family thing that kept me from showing up

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
2,057 Posts
no didnt go to marvs..i emailed him the week of that i couldnt attend..family event as well...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts