BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car into Otto's BMW here in Ottawa where I got my car's freebe oil change under warantee today. I had about 22,600km on the car (put that on in about 8 months). I was very happy with the service. I dropped my car off at 8 am and picked it up at noon. :thumbup:

They gave me absolutely no grief about my full ACS body kit, lenses, or bubs...or tint for that matter (It is a lease afterall). I was really surprised :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
mod bug resistant
622 Posts
02White330Ci said:
Can someone please tell me what they do on the 1st service beside change the oil.
Oil/filter change, tire pressure check, brake pad thickness check, parking brake check. My dealer also included windshield washer fluid and wiper refills free of charge.

·
I got nothin'
324 Posts
Brandon_Ottawa said:
I took my car into Otto's BMW here in Ottawa where I got my car's freebe oil change under warantee today. I had about 22,600km on the car (put that on in about 8 months). I was very happy with the service. I dropped my car off at 8 am and picked it up at noon. :thumbup:

They gave me absolutely no grief about my full ACS body kit, lenses, or bubs...or tint for that matter (It is a lease afterall). I was really surprised :thumbup: :thumbup:
You put all that on a LEASE car? No offense but isn't that like putting in a pool at a house you just rent or do you plan to 'pull and replace' all that with your old stock stuff when you're lease is up?

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Went in today for 1st dealer oil service

klangford said:

You put all that on a LEASE car? No offense but isn't that like putting in a pool at a house you just rent or do you plan to 'pull and replace' all that with your old stock stuff when you're lease is up?
Gee a little late respone from me, but oh well. I plan on buying out the lease. Since I posted this thread, I've added UUC v.2's and purchased a set of IForged Senekas (not delivered yet) and I will have moldings painted and the rear add-on molded in. I plan on painting the calipers too.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
TOPIC HIJACKING!! :) ---> Brandon, let me know where you get your crap painted. I'm looking at getting a pro bike painter to mix me up a batch of matching tit. silver paint when I get my trim done. We should compare notes.

Bart

·
Registered
129 Posts
OK, I am confused. If you plan on buying out the lease, then why did you lease to begin with? And don't say you couldn't afford the payment. Your mods alone would make several payments.

Just curious...

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Rock said:
TOPIC HIJACKING!! :) ---> Brandon, let me know where you get your crap painted. I'm looking at getting a pro bike painter to mix me up a batch of matching tit. silver paint when I get my trim done. We should compare notes.

Bart
I am going to Kaotic Customs in May. They don't do the painting in house. Since when did you decide to paint your trim? Mod bug bit, eh?

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Videoholic said:
OK, I am confused. If you plan on buying out the lease, then why did you lease to begin with? And don't say you couldn't afford the payment. Your mods alone would make several payments.

Just curious...
I leased to keep my down payment and monthly payments relatively low. I had and still have the money for purchasing the vehicle. I position trade/day trade during the day...and didn't want to dip too heavily into my capital that I use for trading, but I wanted to drive a nice ride. The lease + residual amount will be a few 1'000s more than financing in the end. I assumed that I would be able to make more money with the capital I preserved than the extra cost of leasing. I assumed correct. That's why I leased.

...Plus, you can always return the car at the end of the lease if for some reason you think it was built on the Friday of a holiday long week-end. :thumbup:

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
GoBucs said:
I'm surprised that after 3 years of a Bear market there are still any day traders left.
There is always money to be made. Short or long positions...remember there are two sides to every coin.

And also it has only been a bear market for tech. Everything is cyclical. Tech is hot...natural resources are not and vice versa. Obviously the NASDAQ isn't made up of resource stocks...hence NASDAQ 1300. C'est la vie.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I am going to Kaotic Customs in May. They don't do the painting in house. Since when did you decide to paint your trim? Mod bug bit, eh?
The mod bug never STOPS biting. :) But since I'm dirt poor, I can only do small ones, so I'm gonna grab a set of Hamann replica eyelids and get those and the trim painted when the snow melts. I have a line on an expert motorbike paint wizard who I'm told can whip this stuff up for a decent price. I can't afford $500 for painted trim.

Bart
P.S. ordered clear rears finally too! My car may not look stupid in a month or 2. :D

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The Rock said:

The mod bug never STOPS biting. :) But since I'm dirt poor, I can only do small ones, so I'm gonna grab a set of Hamann replica eyelids and get those and the trim painted when the snow melts. I have a line on an expert motorbike paint wizard who I'm told can whip this stuff up for a decent price. I can't afford $500 for painted trim.

Bart
P.S. ordered clear rears finally too! My car may not look stupid in a month or 2. :D
Nice bro! You'll be pimpin'. Maybe do a DIY and paint your amber bulbs silver?

Hey, I'll be showing my car @ Import Nites June 21 & 22. Maybe I'll see you there.

Hate to burst your bubble, but if you are talking about Hamann eyelids pre-facelift (replica or not - doesn't matter) then they won't fit right. You should get a Hamann shadow grill and get it painted body colour. That would look nice - or better just get the chome grill painted silver.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts