E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend wanted to take my car for a drive yesterday. We were just cruising, and one time in town he took off from a stop light pretty quick, and apparently it got the guy's attention who was driving next to us. He was probably 40 years old, and had his wife in the car with him. He waved and my friend waved back, and I thought that was the end of it. But right after I looked forward again, I saw the rear end of his mazdaspeed3, and heard a LOUD blow off valve. He went on the freeway the same way we were headed, so we got on it and passed him. He caught up to us real quick, and when we were both at a pretty good speed he left us like we were at a standstill. My friend was on it the whole time, and it left us no chance at all. To be fair, my clutch is on its way out, but held tight for the most part. When we finally caught up to him, you should have seen the look on his wife's face. I think she had a heart attack. Just for fun he punched it a few more times, probably just to see her face. It was really funny to watch. It was pretty fun going head to head with this guy, but kind of embarassing that I got beaten by a 40 year old in a Mazda, lol.
Props to the speed3 though, I was very impressed. It must not have been stock because of the BOV, but it still took my 330 like it was nothing. I need an M3. hahaha.
:woot:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the numbers are really impressive. Plus this was the new generation, so a lot newer software, etc. It wasn't really street racing, just messing around a little. There were no cars around, and I wasn't driving.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,510 Posts
i'd plan on getting this thread locked or deleted by the moderators. Street racing posting is against the rules here. :impulss:

think of all the reasons why

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
sorry but no BMW owner should start any story with this sentence.

My friend wanted to take my car for a drive yesterday.
It usually always ends tragic. :craig:

·
Registered
24,891 Posts
Sure it's quicker going straight, but think about the twisties! (read: the important part)
lol, I bet the Mazda is faster in the twisties too. The only thing BMW has over mazda is the luxury part. Mazda even has the advertisement "more mazda's on the track at any given time than any other brand" and I'd believe that.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Corners are our bread n' butter. Straightaways we get toasted, yes, even m3's

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Another race story...big frigging deal, I have a Porsche 911....and the engine is dated since it is NA. And let us not talk about new sticker price on a used car.....and sticker price new on a used car is kinda lame. How much do you want out of a 230HP engine in a used car now...with cars on the road now normally making over 250HP...including minivans. It is what it is. Drive it and enjoy it. Hell, a new Mustang 5.0 would destroy me. Again, just be happy. If you bought a non M3 E46 and you want to be speed racer....and think mods are cheap...you must be moving up from a Honda Civic. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.