E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered it on 12/28/02 and it arrived on 2/25/03. I will pick it up tomorrow night, assuming everything works out ok! I'll post pics once it's in my possession! Can't wait! The first 1200 miles will be torture not being able to open it up...I hope I can resist. I'll probably end up sticking a Post-it note on my tachometer to ALWAYS remind myself. I hope it works!

options:
steel gray metallic
black interior
6-speed manual
aluminum trim
premium package
lumbar width adjustment

·
Registered
353 Posts
The first 1200 miles will be torture not being able to open it up...I hope I can resist. I'll probably end up sticking a Post-it note on my tachometer to ALWAYS remind myself. I hope it works!
Isn't the break-in period for M3's 3000 miles??

·
Registered
434 Posts
First 1200 miles you have to really baby it (<5500 RPM, <105 MPH, no WOT). Then up until 3100 miles you are supposed to gradually increase RPMs and keep speed <137 MPH. You see a lot of people vary how they break their cars in...

·
Registered
913 Posts
maynardc said:
I ordered it on 12/28/02 and it arrived on 2/25/03. I will pick it up tomorrow night, assuming everything works out ok! I'll post pics once it's in my possession! Can't wait! The first 1200 miles will be torture not being able to open it up...I hope I can resist. I'll probably end up sticking a Post-it note on my tachometer to ALWAYS remind myself. I hope it works!

options:
steel gray metallic
black interior
6-speed manual
aluminum trim
premium package
lumbar width adjustment
congrats!:thumbup: ......pictures when you can would be nice

What did you do with your 330ci...sell or trade? ..and how much did you get?...good luck on trade (if you are doing that at pickup)

·
Registered
138 Posts
:thumbup: congrats :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Well, the time has come! My 2003 M3 is at my dealership!

I will be trading it in. they offered me $32K - yeah, I know that's not much but I was unable to sell it on ebay...it had only reached $33,100.

eksath said:

congrats!:thumbup: ......pictures when you can would be nice

What did you do with your 330ci...sell or trade? ..and how much did you get?...good luck on trade (if you are doing that at pickup)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats, you will love it! I picked mine up 1/31/03 and now I have 750 miles on it. I have followed the instructions strictly, but I am dieing for this snow to melt of so I can get her up to 1200.

Nix

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW, yes, I remember the other post! I will fulfill my end of the deal! pick 5 sets of 6 numbers, and I'll get'em (5 lotto tix). I'm serious...you PM me and I'll buy'em; otherwise, I'll just get 5 quick-picks! thanks for your awesome estimate...you were right on, Impulss!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Impulss
For me, it was almost exactly 1 month after my production date. Production date 10/25/02, took delivery on 11/23/02.

There are many factors that can change your time..... i.e. waiting for a ship (0-2 weeks), how long it stays in the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) - (1-10 days), and hopefully the boat carrying your car won't sink

For the West coast, add another week to my time. So I'm guessing the delivery of your M3 to be on March 3rd.

What do i get if i'm right??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 3rd huh? if you get it right, I'll buy several lotto tix and tell you to pick the numbers! If I win, I'll split it w/ you 50/50.

Impulss said:
HOLY !!!!!! Did I not hit it right on the money?!! I should get a prize! ;) ;)

It's March 3rd!

http://forum.E46Fanatics.com//showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=58749

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks! just be careful in the snow. gezz, I wouldn't trust myself in an m3 on snow...too much s.h.i.t. can happen (knock on wood)

Nixlimited said:
Congrats, you will love it! I picked mine up 1/31/03 and now I have 750 miles on it. I have followed the instructions strictly, but I am dieing for this snow to melt of so I can get her up to 1200.

Nix

1 - 20 of 25 Posts