BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but I just have to vent:

So I take my car in to have the moldings painted and the guy notices something on the front of my car-A DENT!!! It clearly looks like some jack*ss with a trailer hitch backed into the area just between the kidney grills. It turns out I will need to get a completely new hood, and have it painted and have the fenders blended so it is not noticeable. I will also need a new grill.

It just makes me so mad that people can be so inconsiderate. I am also mad at myself for not noticing it sooner.

So I thought I'd at least take this opportunity to do a few mods. But I need some help from the experts...

1. What are your favorite mirrors that will seamlessly fit a sedan? Where can I buy them?
2. Do you think I should have my calipers painted red? I'm a little iffy on this one.
3. Will an M3 hood fit on an '02 Sedan?

Thanks so much for letting me vent. What started out as a great day, became a shi**y one in a hurry.

-Jake
'02 330i Steel Blue

·
HartgE46
800 Posts
I feel ya man! Same exact thing happened to me, some jerko backed into my car parallel parking or something. I didn't notice until I washed my car later that week. Something as small as a 2mph bump and it's costing me 2 grand. I'm thinking of waiting for the new '03 hood/grille to come along and replace it with that. An M3 hood might look weird on your '02 without the wider grille. If you want your calipers Red, paint them yourself and save some cash. www.tirerack.com is selling G2 caliper paint now and it's supposed to be easy to use with great results. As for mirrors... I like the Hartge, cause their different. Otherwise the Hagus/Hamann or the ACS is the popular choice. And Yes... people do suck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
?

Is that possible on a Sedan (The CF or M3 hood)? Where could I research that?

Does anyone have a good site where I can compare all of the sport mirrors?

Thanks!

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
CF is for sure possible, but M3 will only fit the M, and coupe with some fitting, but not sedan without a lot of work.

-brendan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please excuse my ignorance...

Please excuse my ignorance...

Where can I buy a CF hood? Would it look pretty much the same except lighter in weight? How much (approx) would it run vs. the OEM one? Maybe I will pay the difference. Any pics of the CF hood?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Actually, the guy at the body shop noticed when I took it in today to have the side moldings painted (Sedan). It had to have happened this week because I brought it in to the dealer for the damn speaker rattle on Monday and they didn't say anything. They also topped off my oil so they had to open the hood. Unless they (the dealer) did it, it had to have happened sometime between Monday and today.

ARGGGGG!!!:banghead: :banghead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts