BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there***8217;s probably a thread on this but too tired and stressed to read through right now. Started my car today and it won***8217;t let it rev about 2500-3000rpm and it sounds like a weird 2 step. Then when I let of it has a weird idle where it***8217;ll will drop to about 500 then go to about 1500rpm ( sounds like I have a nasty cam in the car) I don***8217;t know what this is please help. I feel like it***8217;s a limp mode but idk what for. I started the car about two weeks ago and it started fine except needed a new starter so I put one in and now this?!?!? Could it be throttle body is messed up? DISA? Fuel pump? I don***8217;t know please help me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit: only lights are check engine which scanned and it was for my secondary air pump which I deleted ( also wasn***8217;t the best scanner so could there be something else my scanner isn***8217;t showing?)

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
If the car sat for 2 weeks and you started it up and was misfiring, this could be due to many things.

I would start the car and allow it to run at least 3-4 minutes at fast idle and see if it smooths out. If not, turn engine off and restart the engine and see if it runs smooth.

I have often seen problems with low battery, flooding of the engine because prior engine start was a short run of less than 3-5 minutes or even rubber parts splitting when the car sits.

Any OBDII tool should be able to give you an idea as to what may be going on. If the tool does not support Freeze Frame or Live Data then you will be limited.

What tool are you using?

Not sure in this case an OBDII tool will give you an exact answer to what may be going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts