BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Supreme Power Parts and spoke to Eric.... I asked him about the ECIS and it seems that they dont sell it anymore.... Now they have there own intake which is supposed to be the same exact thing.... Its only 225$.... Does anyone actually own this intake? Any thoughts on it? Hmmmm... Now I dont know what to do :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
its design is exactly the same as the ECIS(which isnt very complex to begin with). If looking to buy one of the two id go with SPP one.

Eric stands behind everything he sells, perhaps even more so with parts SPP manufactured themselves.

Go for it Frankie

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
dude, i thought you were going to get the gruppeM?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would go with the ecis

Supposedly there were some issues with excessive noise and whistling that ecis fixed using a different type of filter. No one knows for sure that the other one is an identical knock off. It's cheaper but there are no reviews on it so you will be the guinea pig.. i would like more info on this new intake.....just my opinion here..........

·
Registered
272 Posts
ok, that title kinda threw me. ECIS still makes intakes just as well as they did before. I don;t understand what the big deal is just because SPP doesn't have it. ECISBMW.com is right. Sean and Kenny are two of the best guys I have dealt with in the bmw community. They helped me with both this intalke and the one on my e36m3. They actually installed this one for free, not because it is hard at all ort anything, but since I picked it up instead of get it shipped, they offered to install for free (they have done this once or twice and do it really fast ;) I say call them tomorrow and get the ECIS, but thats just me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Black330ci said:
groupem or dinan are still the best IMO
Would you feel a difference in performance between an ECIS and Dinan or GruppeM? I doubt it, but the only way would be to dyno it with the different intakes and see....the butt dyno can be very deceiving.

I still think the ECIS is the best bang for the buck!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where in Jersey are they located? I think I might just go with the Gruppe M, but I havent heard it yet, not even a sound clip, and also I dont want to wait until Feb.

As for the ECIS, where in NJ did you pick yours up? I would much rather do that then have it shipped

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
DropTopBM said:
Where in Jersey are they located? I think I might just go with the Gruppe M, but I havent heard it yet, not even a sound clip, and also I dont want to wait until Feb.

As for the ECIS, where in NJ did you pick yours up? I would much rather do that then have it shipped
Get the GruppeM, it sounds nice. i just installed it in my car yesterday and everyone likes how it sounds.

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,124 Posts
i drove mine with a DINAN and my friend Erics with a ECIS ....my dinan feels a lot more better and sounds a lot better....heh so IMO dinan is the ****!

edit: DINAN LOOKS PURETTY TOO

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
what do u mean u havent heard a clip.. didnt i send u one ? :huh:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ac325ci said:
what do u mean u havent heard a clip.. didnt i send u one ? :huh:

I was hoping to hear a clip of it drivng under hard and light throttle... your clip was the shizz but i wanna hear it in person!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts