E46 Fanatics Forum banner

weird key

1K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  sheefo2k 
#1 ·
ok i was screwing aroudn with my car and i thought my key was broken but then i realized that now whenever i open my door with no key in the ignition it beeps, so i think my car thinks the key is always in the ignition or something wtf?

#2 ·
im dying here

#3 ·
I have the same exact problem. Keyfob won't work, alarm won't beep, clown nose won't blink, automatic doorlocking at 5 mph won't work, keys still think that it's in the ignition.

Your dealership needs to replace your EWS computer. tim330 (moderator) had the exact same problem and it was fixed. This is what he told me.

Tell me if this works for you: stick in your key to unlock your car, now pull your key out and press and see if the keyfob works for a little bit.

#4 ·
so its a key problem or a computer problem? god damn i hate my car

#6 ·
god damn how much is the damn ews shiz. I'm not under warranty anymore. I'm from cali

#7 ·
i just tried that manual unlock thing or some shiz and it doesnt even wokr??? are you sure its the ews thing.

#10 ·
where the hell does that thing go?? the thing in the pic?

#11 ·
yea, i noticed that when i parked my car for a long time and came back (when its cold) the key works a few times. So its probably the ews thing right?

#13 ·
I JUST WENT OUTSIDE WHERE IT WAS COLD AND MY KEY W0RKED OMG OMW GOMW GOWMG OWMG OWMG OWMG WOMG WOGM WOGMW OGMW OGMWOGWMG WOGM WOMG WOMG WOMGWOMGWOGMWOGMWOGMW OGOWMG OWMG WOMG WOMG WOMG WOGMW

#15 ·
Jon your EWS is still inline cuz your car still starts right? if it doesn't starts then i think realigning the ews with your key will work. All I know is that you need a GT1 for this ****. If your cousin is a tech then it will take him 5 mins to figure out if its an EWS or not. I have friends at the dealership and we usually just play around with the GT1 whenever I have a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.